Got myself a Stihl 084 AV

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josh1981

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I was looking for a big saw for cutting firewood and stumps a do it all saw that I don't have to worry about damaging my 441c. I found a 084av in the classifieds here. Cosmetically it's not the prettiest yes the bar needs a very good repaint as does the saw but internally it runs flawlessly the p/c look brand new. 32 or 34 inch bar looks like. 4 chains (.404) and power head that only needed the carb adjusted. I did clean the plug and spark screen also. I do need to sharpen 1 chain. All the chains are great condition lot of life left on them.

Paid 500 for everything and 50 for fast shipping (I didn't want to wait 2 weeks).

Got the saw in 4-5 days after e check cleared through PayPal.

Saw came from Ontario Canada.

Sure beats 1800 on a 880 right now (my 2nd choice).

Oh I also have a 009L Stihl (41cc) 5105 dolmar (50cc) 441c m tronic (70cc) ms250 (45-47cc) 028wood boss (just got running) 47cc.

Now I have my trim saw middle road saw and big saws.

The 250 and 5105 are my backup saws.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gCfKj2Y-Fk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jps5V46L1UQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

What do you guys think? What do I need next?

Really good strong saws. I have run a few in some big wood and trees. They handled them with ease. It will eat stumps for lunch.

I have been a long time gone from here, on family business but I am back.

I have 2 084s that need repair and a bunch of extra parts scattered about.
The main thing I need is a ignition modular for one, I just want to get it up and running for now.

Can anyone help?

I have been a long time gone from here, on family business but I am back.

I have 2 084s that need repair and a bunch of extra parts scattered about.
The main thing I need is a ignition modular for one, I just want to get it up and running for now.

Can anyone help?

Howdy from Houston! Texans all the way.

Go to the top of the main page in the chainsaw forum, click on Stickies, click on Swap Meet, and ask for the part there.

Back