Got screwed on craiglslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
drill n tap it put a 1/4 20 short bolt on there may be a pain but it would keep it from flyin off. just a thought.

I agree with this man right here. If you got the goods this saw can be fixed in short order, most likely while you were typing all this stuff. Yes the man told a fib you went and looked at it and took it anyway so fix it and then brag on how cheap you got it.

So I guess getting this 026 for $45.00 was an okay deal?

Stihl026013.jpg

An ad popped up on CL for this saw which was at a consignment shop. I hustled over there and asked what was wrong with the saw. The woman said that the starter rope would only come out a foot. Put it on the floor with my foot through the handle and it pulled just fine. Gave her the asking price and left with the saw.

A little fuel in it when I got home and it fired right off. The sad thing is that the shop took 40% of the price for their efforts, leaving the seller with $27.00. I did pass on a Mac 130 they had for the same price.

With the amount of force it takes to pop these flywheels off I would be surprised if it ever came off anyway. The one fin missing isn't going to amount to squat either.

The seller may have had no clue it was broken, and you never would have either if you hadn't gone looking for something.

You aren't sleeping with the damn thing. Go cut some wood.

Latest posts

Back