Got to try out my new tree shear today I think I found my christmas tree!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodman6666

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
shear2.jpg

treeshear1.jpg

Awesome..
Clark Griswold would shake your hand on that one..
(I would too..)

Wondering what the "rest of the story" is. You lay it down and feed it into a chipper? Inquiring minds need to know:D Cool setup!

Looks good. Did you really cut it off or was that just on there for the pics?

Lucky you didn't have any wind...

And I thought I was going to be bad-ass and fire up my MM'ed 550xp at the cut-your-own christmas tree farm!

oooh. I want one!
Hope you have some climbing equipment to get the star on the top of your Christmas tree! :msp_smile:

Well the rest of the story is I lay them down when I get them to the street then cut in thirds and thrown in my log truck for disposal. Iska, yes I sheared the one in the pic and 15 more just like it. It shears them fine and driving them out of the yard was pretty good to, once I got them to the street I played around with it in the shear and I was very surprised how well it stayed put. All but two of the 16 trees I was able to lay all the way down and pick right back up and the skid never nosed over the other 2 fell out when I got them within 6 ft of the ground. The customer was very happy to not have any mess on his lawn.

The shear is a Tree Terminator it will shear a 20" tree. As far as what you can carry I guess whatever you can until your machine tips over lol.

Back