greenteeth New Pro/Sandvik Dura disk

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimma

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I went to the Greenteeth lopro series about three weeks ago and I think I got either a bad batch or teeth or these new teeth are crap. They cut just fine, but in the three weeks I've been using them, I shattered the carbide on over 18 teeth. I've been using the older version of green teeth for about 5 years and only lost about 1 tooth every three or four weeks using them under the exact same conditions I'm using these new ones. I was perfectly satisfied, wish they still made them. I guess I'm going to try the sandvik dura 11 wheel now. It's very expensive, but I'm hoping that it helps with the anxiety levels that I'm having with these teeth. Anyone have the Sandvik Dura disk 11 on a vermeer 252?

I've got a Sandvic Disk on my 252 but not Generation 11. Mine is still the origninal. The teeth rarely break on the 252 I'm guessing because they are the same teeth for way larger machines. Also the carbides are large on them and they have a good chunk of meat holding them on. Cuts great as well.

Got a 252. Put 1300 hours on the first Sandvik wheel before it wore out (welded in pockets wear), got 500 hours on a REVOLUTION wheel, got it just before they were released last summer. Can't really tell a difference between the two, they just both cut great. See previous threads for user comments. Only complaint is the welded in pocket wear, but worth all the bennies while they last.

Back