greffardized

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dennis, if you can manage to find a cheaper price to fly into Rochester, maybe we can work something out. I only live about 30 minutes from the airport. Maybe I could be like.... your private chauffer(sp?) I would like to go to Boonville this year, I have never been able to make it in past years, always seems to be one reason or another. Let me know.

Jeff

Jeff....doesnt look like I am making Booneville...too much going on still....Last weekend we built a wildlife veiw site up in the Wells Gray Park, then a new roof on the store.....this weekend I have another 50 people showing up for a family reunion...my empty bottle collection is growing quick...lol...

I tried to post some pics of the saws I am working on...Steves Craftsman...Mikess 335 Cali special....Rb's 488...but my software isnt working now...man, if its not one thing its another...oh well the pics are on my camera still...even if the saws arent here...

Well..its back to the shop for me...

Doesn`t seem to matter where you are flying in from, or flying out to, Syracuse is the most expensive airport in New York State. all kinds of politicians are alledgedly looking into why this is, and what can be done about it. LOL. Sure would be great if you made it out here Dennis, I could show you where that cool Dinosaur shirt came from. Jeff, we`ll have to try and coordinate on times at Boonville. Russ

Dennis thanks for getting back to me as soon as you did,I appreciate it I will be talking to you asap about some 385XP mods.

Thanks

Sounds good firedoctor! Word is that The Dinosaur is going to be moving from it`s downtown location to the old Sam`s Lakeside in Brewerton. Now there`s a place we could run the saws inside! They`d also have a parking lot big enough for about 40 trucks with loaders so we could change their image from biker bar to logger bar/restaurant. What do you think? Russ

Hey, you haven't eatin' if you haven't had a "Big Ass Pork Platter" from the Dinosaur!!!!! Russ looks like I will be their on Sunday (at least), I'll let you know for sure.

Jeff

346-372-357

here are 3 more for the modification block... a 346 for one of my local guys, 372 for Christian Betz, and a 357 for John Nikitas...
Not pictured is a 2171 that I am doing at the same time and Rb's 488 Shindaiwa....

Doug, well...to be honest I was happy with the saw when I was done, but still felt there could be more...so i played with a few different things yesterday and made a couple monumental gains, now I am quite pleased.....I will do more of them, even though there were alot of difficulties, and they do take alot of time...they are fun little saws....I have all my notes from this saw, so the next ones will be easier somewhat...

335 with expansion chamber???

And a piped Daiquiri Whacker, perhaps?

I checked my Poulan 2300 (2.3 CID/38 cc) and it does indeed have an aluminum crankcase. Wanna give it a shot this winter?

BMW CYLINDER HEAD

Hello dennis, nice photo of the porting on the 2171 barrel.see you got the camera working. What are these monumental gains on the 335? We should get doug to send us the bmw cylinder head, between the too of us we surely could get 40-50 more horsepower if we port it
Ken

Ahhhhh. What a thing of beauty. Thanks for the pictures, Dennis.

Doug...the daquiri whacker is in line for a pipe:D for sure!!

Ken, I think that BMW is in need of mods as well...cant have anything stock anymore....

The gains I am referencing to Ken are in starting and acceleration, and idling....When we talked yesterday about that check valve, it made no difference...but when I played with the ignition...WOW..that made a huge difference...it complimented all the other work in the cylinder head immensely...I took it as far as 8 degrees...its liking it right there...:D

Ign timing

hello dennis g,
I know what you mean, on some saws the timing really makes a difference. if it cranks harder by hand its going to run stronger.Well keep up the good work dennis. we've got to get these anemic, retarded, poor running saws out of the woods. to many fallers and wood cutters are just throwing the stock saws over the bank and going into another line of work. lol.
ken

BMW mods

Talk about anemic, retarded and slow running. Here's a pic of the partially disassembled BMW S62 V8 engine that goes in my car. Stock, it makes 394 naturally aspirated HP at 6,600 RPM and 369 lb. ft. torque at 3800. This is capable of pushing the 4000 lb M5 from 0-60 in under 5 seconds. It displaces about 5000 cc's, has an aluminum block and heads, double overhead cams with separately continuously variable intake and exhaust cam timimg over a range of some 75 degrees of crank rotation, proportional semi dry sump lubrication, 8 individual intakes with fly-by-wire throttle inputs that respond to gas pedal inputs from idle to wide open in 50 milliseconds when you enable "sport mode" and an ECU that rivals those found in high end Unix workstations. Former F1 driver Tiff Needell calls it, "the most technically advanced road car engine currently in production". Presently, companies like Dinan and Nowack can get between 470 and 500 HP out of it by porting the heads, fitting headers (the Dinan headers for it are $7000:eek: ) and reprogramming the ECU, but this is a dicey process because of the engine's complexity and the reliability and quality of the mods are as yet unproven. Total cost for a 500 HP Nowack mod job is over $30,000.

So Ken and Den,
If I send you this thing, think you can eek out 500 HP for a little less money; say $300?

Latest posts

Back