greffardized

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Liability

Ok guys...we need to take into consideration the fact that any dealer (or persons being paid to do a job) "knowingly" removes, or impairs...any safety feature of the saw or any other regulated feature...ie: epa regulated parts...chainbrake ...etc....can be subject to a very nasty fine...so..by my(or by any other builder, tell you how to get rid of this problem.)..(which doesnt arise but on other than stock saws)...could...technically (legally) cause some hassle...not that I think it would happen...but on the same token...you guys have to give us some credit here....we do work on these saws...this is how we make our living...by modifying them...some of you do mainly tree work..some work in tire stores...some work on cars....we dont ask how to do that....

Sorry :( Dennis I won't ask anymore about how to remove the cap's..I would'nt want them to spin round and round......

Later Rob..

Greffardized Secrets Revealed!

Robert, John and I tried the 2149 G again with all sorts of tweaks and things today and we were in complete disbelief as to the extent of it's power. The thing was unbelieveable with a .325 chain rather than the 3/8 that I had on it. It smoked my 266 so bad that I almost felt sorry for it. So we got back to my place and John convinced us to take the cylinder off to take a look at the porting secrets. Lo and behold, we were in for a real eyeopener. Not only was the porting the most radical ever seen by any of us, but it appeared that Dennis had also gone to the trouble of sleeving the cylinder in order to facilitate more radical porting. Check out this picture of the sleeve!:eek:

Well boys, I got a real treat today with the 2149 G. Upon the teardown of the engine I learned more in 5 seconds of measuring the port-timing than one could in a lifetime of hotsaw engine building and racing, I am telling you...these canadians take everything to the extreme. These guys think of everything, who would ever think of external finger ports and head gasket boost porting. I tell you this saw is bullett proof, even the outside of the sleeve is hand knurled to prevent the sleeve from slipping and even if the sleeve did move or slip the optional redundant backup ports take over. I for one can only find good things to say about this saw and plan of ordering one ASAP before this technoligy is lost forever. Dennis should be tickled pink for his prowess at boring and porting. GREAT JOB !!!

Trade Secrets

If you guys continue to give away all of the trade secrets , I am going to be forced to pursue legal action....but nevertheless, I am glad you had fun with the saw....the sleeve is something I havent even told Ken about yet....but I guess the cat is out of the bag now...

Uuuuhhhh, Dennis that saw I was going to send to you, uuhhh, its lost now, uuhhh, and I dont think I am going to be able to. Sorry

radical porting

Hello Dennis G,
Well, I see you have holding out on me. I thought we were good friends but now I see your true colors. You probably installed the muffler upside down also.
Ken

Hello Ken...good to see you back online...well, you see, the radical porting was only a test...as was the sleeve in the cylinder...and i do seem to remember you holding out on me a couple times...like the "Nevrdull" you sent John Lambert for race chain...the muffler upside down was only a test for backpressure...and that was part of the "gyrozization process".

Last edited:
Radical potting

Ken
I think that Radical potting has something to do with illegal drugs but I am not sure.I know he is going to tell us it was a typo but we all know better.
Later
Dan

Ken come on, dont be so dense and believe our little Dennis would never dip into radical potting. He's from B.C., they all do that up there. Being from CA I figured you would know better than the rest of us:D

Dynomite test Walker's website

Can't seem to pull up the test for the 3120XP.

Does anyone know where a test is for a 088? I'd like to see where the 47 HP peak is on GYPO'S saw.

Can anyone?

Anyone know thw power gains on a 394XP by a specific test showing power increase? Would it be similar to a 395?

I read the power increase is 20to 40% in this discussion.

Hi Don, the 088 is sleeping now, and wont emerge it's ugly head till I get some big wood. It already is crowding 87 hp., as we speak, but it will blast thru a 20" cottonwood in 2.8
And by the way, I still have 3 brandnew 088's that are going real cheap, so dont be shy and cough up a measily 1050 delivered.
John

Hey Dennis hopefully you can make it to the ECC and bring your famouse piped 272 with ya I'd like to see it whack through some ease coast hardwoods..:D

Later Rob.

Wow what a saw!

That is some pretty good speed and power on the 088.

So 1050 delivered for a new one.

I think I will save my money for a 3120 but the 088 is real nice!

Just looking at the warranty

Don,
Check out what price Dennis can get you a 3120 for. His prices are the lowest I've seen or heard of for Huskys and J-reds. Gypo's prices are the lowest for Stihls.

Don, yeah the 3120 runs about 950usd by the time we ship it.

Rob, the 272 goes wherever I do. As well as a few other toys....like the Daquiri (sp?) Whacker....jet ski...people at the campsites love when I fire up the piped 272 to cut some firewood.

Gypo, when your 088 sleeps doesn't it lose hp due to the mothballs and rats nests in the muffler? So it should be about 23 hp now??

Back