greffardized

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Dennis, nice picture. you are obviously good at the chainsaw throw cause I dont see any footprints in the snow. I hope you put the 55 jug and piston on Otto's saw like I suggested, we dont want his saw to have more jam than his Toyota. It sounded nice over the phone and when I put the tach to the earpiece, it read out at 13,500, which is nice for the breakin.
Did you get your disclaimer dekals yet? I heard Otto is a lawyer looking to sue you.
John

346 barrel

Hello dennis,
Heres a couple of photos of the barrel and cylinder john lambert had me build for his 346 husky to out cut you in the 3 cube class at the clearwater revival
ken kdhotsaw

Thanks Ken, that will work great with the 3120 cyl on the 346.
Dont tell Otto, but Dennis put my 346 cyl. on Otto's 372 and Otto's cly. on my 346. This should be a good entry level saw for him and should cut at least as good as a stock 385, but he will never know what happened once Dennis slips on one of Uncle Art's chains. Nice clear and crisp picture by the way Ken.
John

lmao - that could really work for me since your cylinder&piston are new - mine are only almost new.....will keep a close eye and get real suspicious if any art martin chain shows up and will start looking for you two:p i love an entry level saw! as long as it enters the wood without protest - lol

Racing chain

Hello John,
That sounds great! But if dennis gets to run art martin's martinized racing chain on his 2171 then in all fairness tundraotto should be allowed to run that chain walt galer is sending you on his 372. Walt has a number of innovative features in his racing chain ,. he only moves the teeth back a short way, better cutting efficiency. Then he keeps the teeth wide because everyone knows a wider tooth cuts faster than a narrow tooth like on most racing chain. Then he wants you to slow the saw down because as the chain speeds up you lose cutting efficiency. His racing chain should not be real expensive because he just gets a old loop out of the junk pile and from start to finish it takes less than a hour for him to do all the lightening, grinding and filing to make a racing chain. if you let otto use this chain then everyone is starting on a even playing field. don't you think this is a little more fair john.

ken kdhotsaw

yeah i want walts chain - i want to win - this backyard arkie woodchopper will kick some butt with some of that racing chain. it wont fit on my wild thing so i guess ill use the greffard special - 372gxp?

that really looks great dennis - thanks for the pics and the continued replies to my endless questions. looks really wonderful - you remembered the dawgs :blob2: and the decomp plug too....i cant wait to run the saw and find out how the business end is - :D thank you and good speed for ups in getting it here quickly so i can brag about it when i drink again next weekend:cool:

big bore kit

Hello Dennis
louie called me this morning and wants one of those big bore kits installed on his 2171 jonsered. sending you one up this morning. p.s. also wants the pipe installed on his saw.

ken kdhotsaw

Darn it Ken, I am grounding him from talking to you anymore...and taking away his phone privileges....sheeesh...

Oh yeah, got a call from UPS yesterday..all is clear..going to have to pay about 12 bucks cdn...only because it was shipped ground she said...but its goin through customs today :D

-music played at weddings always reminds me of the music played for soldiers before they go into battle.

Hi Ken, I dont think I have the heart to share a Martinized chain with anyone, but I'll sure let them know where they can get one.
I sent you a 346 yesterday Ken should arrive by Monday.
www.canadapost.ca tracking # 23 067 737 557.
Thanks,John

ups

Hello dennis,
when i got your address from louie i think he was one step ahead of you. he gave me your home address, 50 cameron rd. so if ups delivers it there you'll probably never see that pipe

sounds great john, i'll email you when it gets here

ken

HEHE..way ahead of him Ken....when talking to UPS I got the address changed to my store...I will get it first....lol...
50 Cameron is his address...lol..mine is the same as the store...as I live next door ..on the same lot...

-It is easier to get forgiveness than permission.

Latest posts

Back