GTG at Tree Monkey's DEC. 6 Augusta, WI

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hinerman

Hinerman

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
After this event is all done, I think we should schedule a charity cut south of Ozark Missouri for July and invite our northern brothers to come down. That, would be extremely interesting, and fun.
Maybe Thomas can remember how warm it got the last one we went to in the summer. It was impressive.

NO, HELLL NO. Read your sig quote from Loggin22.

Beefie

Beefie

Addicted to ArboristSite
You guys have fun, Its my weekend to be on call for the county so when they call I have to be there in 45 min, sucks but its my job.

Those stumps are way to high. they need to be flush or just a inch or two above the ground. Its just asking for a butt of a log to catch and have that act as a bat. I would hait to see who or what the ball would be. If you have never worked in the woods with a skidder, or have never fallen trees for a skidder, I would suggest you stay on the landing and help buck or split. There is a lot to do for everyone. Chris if he is healthy enough to run the skidder would be the one in charge so what he says goes and drop trees so they can be pulled easy, top away from the skid roe makes for a productive day.

I plan on going up another time to help but will miss out seeing a bunch of you southern folks that I have meet before and that I have still to meet.

BE SAFE

Beefie

c5rulz

c5rulz

Addicted to ArboristSite
nice Steve, can you put sides on it to haul out some of the stumps I found?

Accidents happen, lets not ASK for one please. Flame away if you want, but I have lost people in the woods who did everything right. The flames of AS mean nothing to me.

please consider these photos and be safe

-dave

View attachment 383774

View attachment 383772

View attachment 383773

I was with Dave on Saturday when we witnessed this carnage. Along with the carnage there was a substantial amount of blissful ignorance regarding how to put in a correct face cut, position of the back cut and no regard whatsoever in how a skidder is going to hook onto the wood to get it out in a efficient manner due to not laying correctly regarding the skidder lanes. Then with the high stumps it was very difficult to pull later hitches as they would snag on the stumps. These pictures do no do justice to the results in the woods.

Dave was diplomatic attempting to stress safety rather than results. I am not so inclined and believe felling should be reserved for those that are very adept at it and that comes from experience and the ability to take constructive criticism as just exactly that.

I have an old saying that goes like this, "Never let your steamship mouth over run your row boat a$$".

Fishnuts2

Fishnuts2

ArboristSite Operative
. AS Supporting Member.
Bring rain gear folks? 70% chance for Saturday in Augusta, WI per the weather channel.

However Thomas saw sunshine in the forecast he watched. Both agreed in teperature of the upper 20's.
Keep changing the channels until you get a weather forecast that suits I always say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts