GTG at Tree Monkey's DEC. 6 Augusta, WI

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dan is pretty well on the money.

It is a full time job keeping the bucking trailer supplied. You get 2 people up there cutting & by the time the loader has the next batch of logs ready they will be real close if not ready for them.

The Tool Cat doesn't have the height reach to load the bucking trailer so Doug will most likely be hustling the logs to where they are an easy grab for the loader. And Doug can make it hustle!

For those who want to help but don't now what they can do, we can always use help with splitting, there will several splitters to crew. 3 people per splitter works well.

I'd say most of us are fairly psyc'd & are looking forward to a great day, renewing friendships & starting new ones.

A big THANKS goes out to those who have been working at having logs ready so we can get an early start Sat - also those who will be providing support services (FOOD & toilets)!

There is a definite difference between falling & cutting in place versus having to plan for the route a skidder has to take to collect the logs. I would say a majority of the folks on these forums we frequent haven't been in a production situation where skidders are used. It is easy to look back & say low stumps & butts pointing in the route they will be drug, but the order, front to rear or side to side working your way back, or work on the ones further back so you can leave the limbs behind as you work your way out versus having to fight your way through the limbs, well I am looking forward to hearing from the professionals how it should be done.

Speaking of shiters. Did any one line up a stump house for up there? The old septic there is getting close to retirement and a influx in well you no. Might cause it to fail permanent. Might need some one to have one rented and dropped off.

Beefie

It will take a mountain of logs to keep the splitters supplied with logs. If I had a little dirt ramp I could load the trailer with the toolcat. Oh wait the dirt is frozen now. The group should have 16 cord (128 ft^3) split by lunch.

Cutting everthing! There is young pine in there that dosnt get cut, saw logs in there that shouldn't be cut. Is this Chris's orders or Scotts or the main owner Susie? This isn't a clear cut this is just for firewood, taking out only crooked trees and damaged trees. Its still there lively hood to keep the young and strait growing for there saw mill and for timber sales. Not trying to sound like a** but there needs to be a plan of attack what does and does not get cut.

Beefie

Cutting everthing! There is young pine in there that dosnt get cut, saw logs in there that shouldn't be cut. Is this Chris's orders or Scotts or the main owner Susie? This isn't a clear cut this is just for firewood, taking out only crooked trees and damaged trees. Its still there lively hood to keep the young and strait growing for there saw mill and for timber sales. Not trying to sound like a** but there needs to be a plan of attack what does and does not get cut.

Beefie
From scott. He is pulling any saw logs aside. Not cutting pine.

Back