GTG in MA

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HI BB,

I`ll let you know soon , hopefully this week, if I will be at your GTG. I will bring a truckload of saws that guys can run just for grins if I can make it. I can also bring a log stand if you want.

Russ

The wood should be as freash as possible. this will cut the best. Going with Pine is good in that you can find the knots (not good for race chains). Boston I wish I could make it but it looks like I'll be down the road from some fighting chickens chasing chip lines till either I fall over or I die from exhaustion.

In the next week or so I will need to kno whos coming anbringing what so we can get some classes defined for the races. I dont race but anyone is welcome to race any saw I bring including the one modified by Dean. For the people that have already said they are coming let me know what size and what modifications they will be so we can get these classes set.

Hey Jokers,

This thing is within 25 air miles of me. Bradford could pick you up in the twin, then you guys could land at Beverly airport. I'll fly down and meet you there. Don't have much interest in saws or beer, but it could be fun nonetheless.

Short of that, my buddy has a real nice '82 Rockwell Twin Turbine Commander that I sometimes fly right seat. Nominal cruise speed is over 250 kts. If he's around that weekend, we could be out to get you in NY in about an hour.

Fvknutz

Do us foreigner's in West Texas a favor. Take some video of the GTA and post it on the AS for us to see and enjoy. Tom

BB,

The usual classes are: 0-50cc, 0-60cc, 0-80cc, 0-100cc and open class (100+ cc). These are all work saws running on gasoline with mufflers.

In my limited experience, there wasn't enough alcohol saws for more than, say, two classes: 0-50cc and open class.

If you wanted to, you could provide a common fuel source and also an empty 5 gallon "dump" container. Each saw gets the fuel dumped in plain sight of everybody, then filled with the common fuel again in plain sight of everybody. This may reduce the chance of arguements over somebody running nitro in with their fuel or whatever.

However, since this is your show, you can set the rules.:D

rmihalek said:
BB,

The usual classes are: 0-50cc, 0-60cc, 0-80cc, 0-100cc and open class (100+ cc). These are all work saws running on gasoline with mufflers.

In my limited experience, there wasn't enough alcohol saws for more than, say, two classes: 0-50cc and open class.

If you wanted to, you could provide a common fuel source and also an empty 5 gallon "dump" container. Each saw gets the fuel dumped in plain sight of everybody, then filled with the common fuel again in plain sight of everybody. This may reduce the chance of arguements over somebody running nitro in with their fuel or whatever.

However, since this is your show, you can set the rules.:D

The dump container is a great idea. Watch careful and there will be little room for crying latter. This fall if I can get enough people willing to travel to Arkansas we will have a GTG and this will be the way it goes.

I hope alot of people can bring there nitro saws. I know there are alot that are faster than ours.

Fred

I am up in the air as I am in no way a saw racer.

Lets do this who is coming and what is the general consesus on the "dump" conatianer? Any other ideas or recomendations?

There is a gas staion 1/2 mile down the road so fresh fuel is no problem. We have 55 gallon drums of waste fuel we dump into so thiose are no biggie either. Let me kniow either way.

BostonBull said:
I am up in the air as I am in no way a saw racer.

Lets do this who is coming and what is the general consesus on the "dump" conatianer? Any other ideas or recomendations?

There is a gas staion 1/2 mile down the road so fresh fuel is no problem. We have 55 gallon drums of waste fuel we dump into so thiose are no biggie either. Let me kniow either way.

Read the posts about Joker's GTG ( I think.) Eric had some good times and was accused of nitro. I wasn't there and have no idea what happened, But I hope there is not a similar situation ever again. Noone wins.

Fred

well since there does not seem to be much interest, i'm going to bail. i have an opportunity to go to "chopping school" the same weekend, so i have to go with that.
good luck.

Thats ok KF this is kind of piss poor timing anyway with NE Grows the week before and it being DAMN cold out. If anyone wants to stop up and run the Dean modified MS 440 than let me know. If not we'll try to drag it out to another GTG.

It is not that its cancelled it is the fact that I have only one modified saw. I am not sure but I dont think that anyone else has one. if you guys want to come up and race all stock saws thats fine. Ill leave it up to the masses post it here if you want to come and what class saws your bringing. Jokers you still coming?

Alright guys lets get a definate list of whos coming. I will have plenty of wood, and some 8x8 and 10x10 to cut. We'll get some burgers and whatever else to cook up or order pizza whichever is preferred and have some beer too!

Not yet. Dean sent me a PM saying that it was shipped out late....
I was originally supposed to have an 044 with a 046 Big bore kit in it and then a stage 2 mdification done to that. Well during testing before shipping it spun a bearing so he took the top end and put it on a 046 and shipped that to me.

Cant wait to get it and run it. I really have nothing to run it against except stock huskys.....

Back