Guess what saw is a royal pain in my butt

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Mingo; thats awesome . A friend has a 350 TJ . HE has a Perkins he wants to put in it . He's mechanically inclined . It has a 353 in it .
Phisically it looks bigger than the 330 I got . Other than the engine what is the difference between your 450 and yhe 350 ?

Hey Mingo; thats awesome . A friend has a 350 TJ . HE has a Perkins he wants to put in it . He's mechanically inclined . It has a 353 in it .
Phisically it looks bigger than the 330 I got . Other than the engine what is the difference between your 450 and yhe 350 ?[/QUOT

I had a 350 the rears are bigger on the 450 and it has a Gearmatic winch my 350 had an Eaton winch. The 350 was under powered with the 353, and the transmission cooler was in the bottom of the radiator on my 350 it's on the side of the frame in the engine compartment on the 450. If he could find a 453 I think it would bolt right in he would just have to turn the front motor mount around. If he puts a Perkins in it he may have to change the torque converter.

Hey Mingo ; how do you make it as a contract logger in Mass.. I was born there . I never equated Mass. With logging . You Must be good at business . I can't imagine all the laws there . Course thats from a bush Alaskan's standpoint .
Kind of think about it like Mel Gibson said " everything is illegal in Massatucettes ",

Hey Mingo ; how do you make it as a contract logger in Mass.. I was born there . I never equated Mass. With logging . You Must be good at business . I can't imagine all the laws there . Course thats from a bush Alaskan's standpoint .
Kind of think about it like Mel Gibson said " everything is illegal in Massatucettes ",

Because I'm not smart enough to do anything else. I'm in Western Mass. which is as far from Boston as you can get without leaving the state. When I first started there were 8 good sized sawmills in Berkshire county now there is 1 left. I use to sell 80% of my logs in a 20 mile radius, now 85-90% are loaded on trailers and shipped to Canada. The laws are not that bad you have to file a cutting plan with the dcr on any lot that is 20M or bigger. This allows you to bypass the local conservation commissions, if you had to deal with them every town would have a different set of regulations, and you would be tied up in red tape and never get a log cut. You also have to have a harvesters license to cut logs in Massachusetts.

Latest posts

Back