Guess what saw is a royal pain in my butt

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I personally don't have anything against 7900s, I can see both sides. I just bought one knowing it wasn't a mantle piece. In your position, the frustration is perfectly understandable. If I were in your position, and really only needed a saw to do the bucking the choice is clear. Sell ALL four of the 7900s, for parts, occasional runners, whatever. Buy one saw that you trust 100%, and get rid of the hassle. The money you have lost will be tiny compared to the continued headache you seem to be having. I do agree with one thing though, at this point most mechanics would have this thing figured out. Anyone on here you trust to go over it, to prove that if it is 100% it can be a decent saw? Just askin'

Shea

BTW---Good luck with whatever you do.

Hey Mingo , you remember when Partner bought Poulan bought Pioneer . . What was the P61+62 became the 6200 I think . Baileu's was selling them . They were under 600$ I bought 2 or 3 of them . When they ran right they would cut with a 2100 Husky . And they were a pound or more lighter . Tho kind of old fashion they were comfortable in the hands . . The problem was after about a month they would get kindof wierd . ..

They had to go bye bye . That was a year after Stihl came out with the 064 . They had fixed the main bearing problem and I got my 1st one . . I cut alot of timber with that saw and had 4 more over thee years .
Every once in a while I get the urge to try some new brand of saw . I ALWAYS REGRET IT .
If Im not running a Stihl then Im running a Husky now .

ngk bpmr7a

Thanks,I think I may have the wrong plug in mine.It is an x HD 6401 that I put a 79cc top end on.It came with a WSR6F so thats what I am using.It seems to run good,just thinking it would be better with the right plug.I have some new WS7F plugs,Ill have to find out if they are a better cross to the ngk bpmr7a.

Hey Mingo , you remember when Partner bought Poulan bought Pioneer . . What was the P61+62 became the 6200 I think . Baileu's was selling them . They were under 600$ I bought 2 or 3 of them . When they ran right they would cut with a 2100 Husky . And they were a pound or more lighter . Tho kind of old fashion they were comfortable in the hands . . The problem was after about a month they would get kindof wierd . ..

They had to go bye bye . That was a year after Stihl came out with the 064 . They had fixed the main bearing problem and I got my 1st one . . I cut alot of timber with that saw and had 4 more over thee years .
Every once in a while I get the urge to try some new brand of saw . I ALWAYS REGRET IT .
If Im not running a Stihl then Im running a Husky now .

The exact same has happed to me..ill stick with the main 3 brands now..stihl, husky, j-red....never seem to have a problem with those..huh..funny how that works isnt it...lol

Oh no Mingo, clearly you are a moron who can't run a saw and just by touching the thing causes it to not run right. The forum brain trust has declared this a thread be euthanized because they are tired of hearing it. It wouldn't be a problem, but federal law requires them to open this thread and read it every time there's a new post.

Haha. Hey, I'm a brain trust now. :laugh:
If you boy's don't have anything better to do with your time........I don't give a rats ass.
You are right about one thing, I don't have to open this thread and read it, and I don't believe I will anymore. You're just way too thin skinned.
Oh, and by the way Oldtimer.....BITE ME!!! :hmm3grin2orange:

Andy

Haha. Hey, I'm a brain trust now. :laugh:
If you boy's don't have anything better to do with your time........I don't give a rats ass.
You are right about one thing, I don't have to open this thread and read it, and I don't believe I will anymore. You're just way too thin skinned.
Oh, and by the way Oldtimer.....BITE ME!!! :hmm3grin2orange:

Andy

I don't think anybody is really going to miss your input, and by the way Andy old boy it sounds like you might be a little bit thin skinned.

I don't think anybody is really going to miss your input, and by the way Andy old boy it sounds like you might be a little bit thin skinned.

I'd miss his input. I think a lot of people would. He's posted a lot of valuable and helpful stuff on here. He's worked in the woods long enough that when he says something I'm inclined to listen.

I doubt that he's thin skinned. I think he just gets tired of whiners and people who spend more time needlessly fighting a piece of junk machinery than logging.

You figure out what to do with that piece of crap saw yet?

I'd miss his input. I think a lot of people would. He's posted a lot of valuable and helpful stuff on here. He's worked in the woods long enough that when he says something I'm inclined to listen.

I doubt that he's thin skinned. I think he just gets tired of whiners and people who spend more time needlessly fighting a piece of junk machinery than logging.

You figure out what to do with that piece of crap saw yet?

If he doesn't like the thread ignore it don't get on and start shooting people down his last comment to Oldtimer shows what your dealing with.

When I figure out what to do with that piece of crap saw I'll PM you, so you'll be the first to know.

Latest posts

Back