Guess what saw is a royal pain in my butt

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Skidder is better.

I now run a 357XP with a 20" bar and skip tooth. Can't speak on the smaller Husky, but this 357 rocks out. It'll cut any t
082800_114400-1.jpg
ree the 372 could cut, and 9/10 as fast. Also, it's quite a bit lighter and uses half the fuel.

A 576 carb is soon to come though, just so I can have the 24" bar.

Perhaps with a 20" bar . But I've fell sound spruce over 8' on the stump above the root flare .

I must have owned 10 371/372's I still have 3 they raised the bar so high for dependability all you did to them was put gas and oil in them they were bullet proof. I would rank the 7900 with the Jonsred 910 I owned.

I must have owned 10 371/372's I still have 3 they raised the bar so high for dependability all you did to them was put gas and oil in them they were bullet proof. I would rank the 7900 with the Jonsred 910 I owned.

Hahahahaha. Geez! Are you still talking about that poor little 7900? :laugh:
I haven't been on here in probably a couple of weeks, and I think this was the last thread I posted on.
372's a good saw, but they aren't quite bullet proof.
Let's see, you've had at least 10 371/372's, and you've had 4 POS 7900's. So you've bought almost half as many POS 7900's as you have wonderful, marvelous, indestructable 372's. If you stop and think about it you don't look half as smart as you feel. I mean, come on, get rid of it and move on. I'm just one guy, but I'm tired of hearing about it.
I retired my 7900's because my dealer sucks. Evidently yours does too. :laugh:

Andy

I had one of the early 7900s years ago when I was cutting full time. I struggled with it for a few months and then
traded it off. The air filter and oiler were the weak points. Haven't run one since.

I went by a scale on the way home so I stopped and the trailer weighed 10,200 lbs. The pile behind the trailer is a bur oak that I got just before I got hurt.
zhao3.jpg
zhao2.jpg
zhao4.jpg

Thanks Mingo and 440 . The Western model with the 75cc jug is identical in snoose as the 460 stihl .
I've had 1 371 and 3 372 . Had 4 046/460 Stihls . The 372 is more comfortable but the 460s have the better dealer network . Its just real hard to beat either one for a mid size saw .. I've run then down real cold . 45 below and colder . I did do some winter porting on the top cover of my current 372. It has always taken 12 pulls to start that one . ? Have no idea why . Don't really care . Because it always starts .. 3 pulls when its warm . I kill it with the chock .

I haven't been on here in probably a couple of weeks, and I think this was the last thread I posted on.
Let's see, you've had at least 10 371/372's, and you've had 4 POS 7900's. So you've bought almost half as many POS 7900's as you have wonderful, marvelous, indestructable 372's. If you stop and think about it you don't look half as smart as you feel. I mean, come on, get rid of it and move on. I'm just one guy, but I'm tired of hearing about it.

Andy

Well said. Enough is enough.

Andy

Now now Andy I bought 2 7900s and dolmar replaced those 2. I bought the second one because I thought I might just have gotten a lemon the first time.The reason I bought a 7900 was 372's were getting hard to find and the word was husky was doing away with them and I had bought a 575 when they first came out and it did not hold up plus the power was not much better than the 372 and it was heavier.I discovered the Chainsaw Forum and had read all the rave reviews on the 7900. I tried one out and was really impressed with the power, weight, and the price a little over 600 bucks I thought I really had a winner, but after about a month the trouble started and has repeated itself on all 4. What I did not realize was a lot of the people on the forum raving about the 7900 did not use the saw full time. I would like to get one of the 7900's running right and just use it to buck up on the header. The last two when the bearing went and took the crank with it dolmar wouldn't replace them and just supplied the parts to fix them. I have never been a big fan of rebuilding bottoms in the past they never seemed to hold up. By the way I like my dealer he has been very fair with me.

Oh no Mingo, clearly you are a moron who can't run a saw and just by touching the thing causes it to not run right. The forum brain trust has declared this a thread be euthanized because they are tired of hearing it. It wouldn't be a problem, but federal law requires them to open this thread and read it every time there's a new post.

Latest posts

Back