Halifax County Va. Antique Machinery and Heritage Festival 2013

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

igpoe

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
It's time again guys and others for the Heritage Festival where us chainsaw heathens put on a demo that is said to be the finest on the eastern seaboard.
I cannot personally attest to this as I have never been to all other demos. It is the best I've been to. Check out last years vids. This year I plan an even bigger show as more AS members than ever before have expressed an interest. Our space should have a minimum of 100 ft of trail frontage and maybe 40 ft. deep to accomodate our canopies, chairs, and BS areas. We did not cut all of last years truck-load of green oak, never-the-less we must accept a fresh load for this year. That would be an 18 wheeler load. It's all happening May 3,4,and 5, with Sat. the 4th being obviously the main day for us. Want in? PM me. Oh! It's at the Fairgrounds behind South Boston Speedway,
South Boston, Va. 24592
:cheers:

Count me IN...at least for now. Hopefully, I will have a pioneer 650, and a David Bradley,...in addition to to the others in the fleet

I had a prior engagement but my wife said I didn't have to go if I wanted to go to the Festival. I have the best wife. I am going to do more sawing than camera work :) I am going to shoot some video this time though. See you guys there.

Justin

I think i got my Dad hooked:hmm3grin2orange: Sunday, as we were unloading, he asked me "I had a blast...when is the next one?" I told him about the HALIFAX FESTIVAL, and he said...." Were you planning on going, becuase, we are now".....good times.

He cut wood, for the first 6 years of my life, but never ran anything "serious". The Pioneer P20 i have was his one and only saw. I mentioned this, becuase he is very reluctant to run someone else's saws.....so if you ask, and he says NO.....please, don't be offended.

I had to pratically force him to rum my ported 3.7.....He asked me at least 5 times, "What if I blow it...then what?" My answer was..."If it blows....well...that gives me reason to go in and really make it nasty,,,,does'nt it"

Last edited:
I think i got my Dad hooked:hmm3grin2orange: Sunday, as we were unloading, he asked me "I had a blast...when is the next one?" I told him about the HALIFAX FESTIVAL, and he said...." Were you planning on going, becuase, we are now".....good times.

He cut wood, for the first 6 years of my life, but never ran anything "serious". The Pioneer P20 i have was his one and only saw. I mentioned this, becuase he is very reluctant to run someone else's saws.....so if you ask, and he says NO.....please, don't be offended

I can see we're gonna have a big BIG time! We may not ask.............we may INSIST

I can see we're gonna have a big BIG time! We may not ask.............we may INSIST

LOL, Saturday was the first time in nearly 30 years he used a saw for for than 10 minutes in a day. Baby steps,,lol. He thought his stock Poulan 3700 was fast....well, it is, compared to what he is used to....then He ran mine.

Got my mall 11 bow saw running , seems ok , i will bring this saw to HHF.
Those saws are a bear to get running WHEW:bang:

DAVID:msp_tongue:

It's time again guys and others for the Heritage Festival where us chainsaw heathens put on a demo that is said to be the finest on the eastern seaboard.
I cannot personally attest to this as I have never been to all other demos. It is the best I've been to. Check out last years vids. This year I plan an even bigger show as more AS members than ever before have expressed an interest. Our space should have a minimum of 100 ft of trail frontage and maybe 40 ft. deep to accomodate our canopies, chairs, and BS areas. We did not cut all of last years truck-load of green oak, never-the-less we must accept a fresh load for this year. That would be an 18 wheeler load. It's all happening May 3,4,and 5, with Sat. the 4th being obviously the main day for us. Want in? PM me. Oh! It's at the Fairgrounds behind South Boston Speedway,
South Boston, Va. 24592

Count me in with 16 ft. trailer full of s%#@
Or as my wife says pile of f#@*&%$ JUNK.......

david:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back