Halifax County Antique Machinery and Heritage Festival 2015

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

igpoe

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Soon to be once again fellas! All are invited again for the festival that we treat as a gtg for us participants. The public gets to watch us and learn about saws new and old, small,large, and HUGE!
For those of you who haven't been, check out our previous threads and vids. Bring your saws already sharp and tell 'em at the gate you're part of the chainsaw demo..........they get it! Hopefully this year the Lion's Club will have enough homemade ice cream !!!!!!!

Man you aren't kidding. I had a great time last year. I tried like heck to get the weekend off but I could not get someone to work for me. I'm already taking a week off during the Memorial Day weekend due to the birth of our first grandchild. I will be following the thread for pics.

Been filing a few chains and such. I was fortunate enough to get Friday off so I can get the truck loaded. Looks like the forecast is going to be near perfect.

Soon to be once again fellas! All are invited again for the festival that we treat as a gtg for us participants. The public gets to watch us and learn about saws new and old, small,large, and HUGE!
For those of you who haven't been, check out our previous threads and vids. Bring your saws already sharp and tell 'em at the gate you're part of the chainsaw demo..........they get it! Hopefully this year the Lion's Club will have enough homemade ice cream !!!!!!!

I wish I could come down and bring my old neighbor. He's big into hit-n-miss engines. He has one that's rigged to his home made ice cream maker. He used to be the main event for the kids at the machinery festivals.

Got the gas mixed up, and cranked a few to make sure they still run only bringing 3 this year got a few projects in the works but haven't finished them yet got distracted with working on some cars, but I did finally buy a tach from Amicks. Also I will be bringing Maddy and her friend Kendra looking forward to a good time as usual.

Heard a load of small logs showed up already! The bow saws will have something to whittle on. Picked up some bar slime this morning.

Haven't gotten to the vintage saws yet but here are some of the modern ones that'll take the trip...
9c95e758a75ebc1cbf01506b05490c1b.jpg

Thanks for the pic Jimmy. Is that a Gravely in your trailer? That last pic is a little fuzzy, is that Dean there sitting on his butt doing nothing wearing the straw hat? Looks like you all tore up some wood. At least I saved my money and didn't have to buy my wife one of those fancy birdhouses a guy was selling last year.

That's is Dean and Justin beside him. There are two Gravely tractors on that trailer. One is a '66 L-8 with 42" sickle bar mower and the other is a '78 5665 with a Thackeray Unicorn log splitter. Look the Thackeray up on YouTube....heck let me find a link to one.

If you need a Gravely....I know a guy....

Latest posts

Back