Halifax County, VA Heritag Festival Pics & Videos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Carl sure missed you and those big saws that day.

WTH is going on with all jibber jabber Steve. You and Dean been riding around drinking AGAIN? I thought my puter done and went plumb crazy again it did that once it was speaking some junk I couldn't even read.

Did you find out what happened to your saws yet. My 029s did the same thing to me today. Cutting off rootballs and it just stopped mid cut. You must have jinxed me too.

I speak in the same language I think in and that's subject to change from moment to moment. Keeps you on your toes. And besides, Dean understands it better. Could be however that my brain just took a short vacation.

4400 fired back up so might be intermittent coil or ignition module after it heats up. Pulled the muffler off the 925 but can still see nothing that makes it determinant. Guess that beach will have to come all the way down and I've seen easier saws to work on.

Can't exactly see how you figure that I'm the jinx here. Let me look back at the 4400 video. Ahhh yeesss.... Seems you were the one running that saw when it decided to take a snooze. :msp_sleep:

Last edited:
Was really sorry to miss the opportunity to play with ya'lls saws. Now that the wife is retired we just can't find time to have any fun! :msp_mad:

Carl,
You and Ginger will have to come back next year as we plan on being even bigger as their's talk recently of some of the timbersports boys coming and throwing axes, racing w/crosscuts and all that stuff!
I gotta get a longer rope!
Igpoe:cheers:

I speak in the same language I think in and that's subject to change from moment to moment. Keeps you on your toes. And besides, Dean understands it better. Could be however that my brain just took a short vacation.

4400 fired back up so might be intermittent coil or ignition module after it heats up. Pulled the muffler off the 925 but can still see nothing that makes it determinant. Guess that beach will have to come all the way down and I've seen easier saws to work on.

Can't exactly see how you figure that I'm the jinx here. Let me look back at the 4400 video. Ahhh yeesss.... Seems you were the one running that saw when it decided to take a snooze. :msp_sleep:

Your neighbor mus'ta got up shootin this am for you to be up at 6:11. You might as well start riding aroun' and drinking
:cheers:

Carl,
You and Ginger will have to come back next year as we plan on being even bigger as their's talk recently of some of the timbersports boys coming and throwing axes, racing w/crosscuts and all that stuff!
I gotta get a longer rope!

Dean...

:msp_thumbup: Really wanted to bring down the Contra S this year and let you guys play with it. Next year...

:chainsaw:

Ive been so dang busy I just now finally got around to watching the vids. I hate that I missed it. Hopefully next year I can make it. I hopefully should be getting some time off in July I may call and harass a few of ya to catch up. I havent even ran a saw in about 3 months. I think I may have forgotten how.

Ive been so dang busy I just now finally got around to watching the vids. I hate that I missed it. Hopefully next year I can make it. I hopefully should be getting some time off in July I may call and harass a few of ya to catch up. I havent even ran a saw in about 3 months. I think I may have forgotten how.

How to what?
Dean:cheers:

Hhf

The Halifax Heritage and Antique Machinery Festival is indeed an annual event. We really don't care who comes and runs their saws, new or old. We're not getting paid to do this demo so we might as well do it our way just like a GTG! I hope some of you will agree. Just let me know if you're coming so we can have enough space and big wood, or in some cases small wood. May 5 is the Saturday, but I have to be there Fri., Sat., and Sunday. Sat. is when we have the fun. Check out the vids from earlier. Some have some age on them.

Put me down as attending. Gonna try everything I can to make it..lol I have to get my "older" saws running correctly, as they really showed their hind-parts at the GTG.

Plenty

Hey Everybody,
I just talked to the "honcho" today and he says for me to invite ALL my friends. We've got a tractor-trailer load of various size wood to cut cookies from. That should be enough! I personally hope there's a stick on the truck about 47" in diameter. Come one, come all, just kindly drop me a line letting me know you're coming for planning reasons.
Don't get it in your head that you have to have ancient saws to attend and help with the demo. We shall treat it as a big GTG!

Getting the "oldies" in shape. Figured out the U4G, rest are coming along. There will be a piped saw there, lol. Started cutting and rolling cones today.

Also getting this Remmy PL-5A in shape. Bearings, seals...fixing case leak, fresh paint job. She looks purty...hope she runs as good as she looks

Last edited:
Also talked to Carguy today,he's coming and is gonna call WatsonR to hook him too. We'll have more saws there than old tractors! That would be a hoot!

233198d1334186435-photo0344-jpg
View attachment 233198

Getting the 3400 degreed in, double checking timing, to get correct numbers to ensure pipe dimensions are correct.

Check him out, Stinkbait, he's got one o' dem thangs like you got!
:cheers:

Actually, that degree wheel, is my dad's. Way back in the '80's , when he built Yamaha KT-100s kart engines, that carried my uncle to a V.D.K.A state championship. LOL, I am slowly getting him back into "piston port" 2 strokes. The old man remembers alot, only issue is, those were purpose-built race engines.....not hot-rodded saws..lol

Back