Saw Fest Ohio

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know the wood sizes and types changed for each class.

Here was for 94 and clone wars. 1 cut in each hot start with hands on wood.

19 poplar and 16 red oak for 94

Then 20 and 17 for clone.

Thinking 54 was either 9x9 aspen or 8x8. Same for wild things. 3 cuts

74 84 same 3 cuts but bigger wood on each.

From what I understand they are trying to use the fair ground next year 2023. So they dont have to put the 150 attendence limit on it. Fair grounds all can show up. No preregistration then, expect for the racing part.

Guy here was doing dyno runs for folks all day too.

sf22dyno.jpg

There was at least 150+ folks from all over the US and some as far as NH and VA NC etc. Ohio Sawfest 22.

There was at least 150+ folks from all over the US and some as far as NH and VA NC etc. Ohio Sawfest 22.

Few pics I saved from others.

View attachment 1025236View attachment 1025237View attachment 1025238View attachment 1025239View attachment 1025242View attachment 1025244View attachment 1025246

Looks like a beautiful day! I'm sure everyone enjoyed themselves.

I heard the ms 170 is going to be the 2023 cheap saw class. Is there a full list of classes for 2023? Thanks!

I heard the ms 170 is going to be the 2023 cheap saw class. Is there a full list of classes for 2023? Thanks!
Right now 170 build off and anything goes with that. Has to be stock bore. No 180 topends.

Clone 372 build off gas saws. stock bore and stroke.
Clone 660 build off again I guess same rules.

This years for other saw classes was 0-54, to 64, to 74, to 84, to 94

All the info is on my chainsaw repair group FB and sawfest group FB.

This years list.

sf22wood.jpg

Right now 170 build off and anything goes with that. Has to be stock bore. No 180 topends.

Clone 372 build off gas saws. stock bore and stroke.
Clone 660 build off again I guess same rules.

This years for other saw classes was 0-54, to 64, to 74, to 84, to 94

Hey I just asked to join the FB sawfest page. It's pending.....in the mean time I have a question. I heard that some folks use the Husky 365 for the 4 cube class, but it looks like it would not work for sawfest "to 64" class. Is this correct?

Hey I just asked to join the FB sawfest page. It's pending.....in the mean time I have a question. I heard that some folks use the Husky 365 for the 4 cube class, but it looks like it would not work for sawfest "to 64" class. Is this correct?
Correct but no 365 were run in their 64cc limited class. Few of us been trying to sway them to go to 4ci limit like real racing uses.

Thought I better share this in my spots where I did last year so folks know the changes to cc classes.
The update copy and pasted - 2023
Saw classes for this year will be 55-65-85cc. Seems a lot of you was split between 3-4-5 cube and 54-64-84cc. We are going to stick to are roots and keep it firewood saw with cc classes. Same rules apply as previous years. No race gas or race saws. No pipes or homemade mufflers they must have factory looking mufflers. Chain is round file or grind no square file chains.

In addition to this announcement we are doing a dollar cut log. This is a 50/50 competition. Single cut best time win’s half the pot. Saws must be in compliance with the saw fest rules. No square grind, pipes, race saws, or race gas(nitro, methane alcohol). Run whatever cc you please up to 94cc

Classes for this year is max cc per class 55-65-85 on Saturday. Friday will be clone wars both the 660 and 372 along with the wild thing shootout.

Woods ported firewood/works saw for the classes. No two piece heads alcohol, nitro, or gas race saws. Saw Fest is based on firewood saws with a race application. A lot of the saw that compete are pretty warm work saws.

sf23.jpg

Latest posts

Back