Halifax County, VA Heritag Festival Pics & Videos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We'll see this one running and cutting at this years' Fest. :<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Jeh9UIXc_wA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> Had a bit of difficulty with it at the recent GTG, but that's like ancient history now, right Sawmandave?
Igpoe:cheers:

We'll see this one running and cutting at this years' Fest. :<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Jeh9UIXc_wA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> Had a bit of difficulty with it at the recent GTG, but that's like ancient history now, right Sawmandave?

neet i hope it runs right so me and david can at lest get one cut with it

234359d1334788508-photo0346-jpg
234358d1334788506-photo0345-jpg
Since this, Hopefully, will be the first outing for the Piped 3400, I figured i should show a few progress pics..lolView attachment 234358View attachment 234359

Again, these are not the best welds, flux-core wire welders are not the ideal tools for light 22 guage steel, but it is what it is. I may Bronze braze over the welds,after grinding them down, to ensure an air tight fit.

And yes, that tailpipe expander in the background, is how i form the cones...Poor folk got poor ways...lol

Last edited:
Looks like you're in the short rows now. Are you gonna exnay the clutch on this one? How long is the bar for it?

NO, this time i will run a clutch...7 or 8 pin rim drive. I don't have a bar for it, right now. May just swap B&C from my 3700 for now. 18 Inch. I still need an air filter cover and clutch cover...but the 3700 can donate those, also, if needed

Got the pipe finished today. Man, this one looks A LOT better than my first one..lol. Anyone have a 3400,3700,etc., that is seized or whatever? I dont need engine parts, i need body parts. Air filter cover, clutch cover, manual oiler lever.etc. If you have one, bring it to the Festival, and give me an idea of what you want for it. Like i said, it does not have to run, can be seized, have a broken case, I dont care....as long as the previously mentioned items are good, we can talk...lol

I don't want a "runner", as I will just cannibalize it, and I do not want to do that to a saw that could be made functional again.

Norris Creek show:

'67Mustang and my self had us a large time over at Louisburg NC this past Sat.running saws of all sorts at the Norris Creek farm show. For the first time they'd ever had a chainsaw demo, they had us set-up with wood fairly well. The logs for two-man cutting were kinda small, but green. The saws had a few glitches, but not too much. I think I sheared a key on my IEL "M". I'd like to have it fixed for the 5th of May, but who knows............ The people were very nice and the bologna whoppers were excellent! We took a few vids if y'all would like to see them :<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WXCte4h92jk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

87,89, and 93 octane

Don't forget guys that 1.25mi. SW of the show is a convienience store selling non-ethanol gas! I think the 87 oct. was $3.779 and the 93 was 4.009 just a few minutes ago. This "Jiffy" store is on rt.360 just like the fairgrounds and race track is.

[video=youtube_share;BztzA4WO-B0]http://youtu.be/BztzA4WO-B0[/video]

It runs....though i got a LOT of tuning to do....lol

Sorry about the poor quality...my phone is junk.

I got the wood set-up today, but I'm just not satisfied. I'll try again tomorrow and take pics. I don't suppose it's a big deal as long as we have plenty of it and we surely do!
It's all green as it all was on the stump last week this time. We've got oak, gum, poplar, pine, and some stuff I don't recognize. I'll show y'all in the pics. There's still about a tractor-trailer load and a half on the pile! My butt is tired.

I got the wood set-up today, but I'm just not satisfied. I'll try again tomorrow and take pics. I don't suppose it's a big deal as long as we have plenty of it and we surely do!
It's all green as it all was on the stump last week this time. We've got oak, gum, poplar, pine, and some stuff I don't recognize. I'll show y'all in the pics. There's still about a tractor-trailer load and a half on the pile! My butt is tired.

I really appreciate all the work you do for these shows, Dean. Much thanks! :yourock:

View attachment 236794View attachment 236795 As promised, the pics of the wood. We've got enough on-site now for all of us to almost cut continuously! I'll likely do more running my mouth than cutting..............as some of you already know! After this event, we start a new thread for this years' vids,OK?
Igpoe:givebeer:
Oh!, And Stinkbait and Sawmandave will both have sawbucks to cut from!

Last edited:
NO, this time i will run a clutch...7 or 8 pin rim drive. I don't have a bar for it, right now. May just swap B&C from my 3700 for now. 18 Inch. I still need an air filter cover and clutch cover...but the 3700 can donate those, also, if needed

Can not help on the filter cover but I have a green clutch cover here off a 3800, I will bring it to Halifax with me.

I ended up putting the 3400 P&c on my 3700 bottom end. Never could seem to get the original sealed up right. she is tight now, and runs insanely well. I hope you guys have ear protection.....lol, everyone will hear this one light off.

I ended up putting the 3400 P&c on my 3700 bottom end. Never could seem to get the original sealed up right. she is tight now, and runs insanely well. I hope you guys have ear protection.....lol, everyone will hear this one light off.

It's gonna be bad when I smoke you with my 026. HaHa!!:msp_tongue: LOL!

It's gonna be bad when I smoke you with my 026. HaHa!!:msp_tongue: LOL!

Would not doubt it....LOL. Still experimenting, really. I did not have a chance to pick up an 8 pin rim, and the saw seems to want more "gearing", as it seems to rev out in the cut. Will try dropping the depth guages, hopefully, that will help some.:msp_unsure:

"Wee Beastie" will make an appearence also......

Latest posts

Back