Halifax County Va. Antique Machinery and Heritage Festival 2013

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will be pulling the "Vile-Thing" down this week, to monitor wear. I believe it was Jusin Cain, that asked about internal pictures, i will get some while I have it torn down. May splurge, and treat it to a new ring...lol

Really wanted to come to this one, but it wasn't meant to be. Got out of the hospital last Friday(was released). Was only out for a few hours and wound-up back in, in bad pain. JUST GOT OUT AGAIN TODAY! Feeling 100% better! The blockage is gone.....Sawmandave, I hope you never have to go through what I went through. You would never be the same again, and that may be a bad thing for you. Of course, everyone else that knows you may would pay for your hospital stay.......:ices_rofl:

Will be pulling the "Vile-Thing" down this week, to monitor wear. I believe it was Jusin Cain, that asked about internal pictures, i will get some while I have it torn down. May splurge, and treat it to a new ring...lol

Thank you sir!

LP's 084av

Sorry about blown highlights on this one. Hard to set exposure correctly when doing video. Relying on the histogram only can cause you to overexpose the scene.

Justin

LP's Piped 084av - YouTube

That 084 is wicked and that was just regular old round chain I can only imagine what that thing does with a race chain on it.

I'd like to do a more conservative style expansion chamber that hugs the saw more. I saw one that was sweet on a smallish Husqvarna one time and I could definitely see using it in the woods. I will try to dig up that video.

I found the video I was thinking about. It was a Dolmar not a Husqvarna. Once I get the Tig machine at work I am going to try this. Stainless would be sweet (400 series)!

http://youtu.be/j9N8dS2TWjI

Internal photos of the Vile-Thing

View attachment 294377View attachment 294378View attachment 294379View attachment 294380View attachment 294381

These are some shots i took, while inspecting the Vile-Thing, for unusual wear, after the HHF,
Sorry, they were taken on my phone, Which is a gamble..lol.

I tried to get clear shots of the "bypasses" around the main bearings, leading up the transfers. Sawmandave was really curious about what i was describing , so hopefully, these will show it better than i could explain. That is one issue with this clamshell poulans, the bearings nearly completely block the lower end of the transfers. Combined with the near impossibility of raising compression, without milling equipment(which i do not have), one is left with just trying to get as much air/fuel in......burnt....and exhausted...as quickly as possible.

And guys, don't be to hard on the grinding work,lol.....this was all done in my small shop, freehanded with a Chinese knockoff Dremel. I will be "smoothing" it before it goes back together

Last edited:
It's Me

Well I made it I did get to come up and see all you fine folks!!! Didn't get to do much but that's beside the point.

It was great seeing some old friends and got to meet and see some new faces. It's good to see some of the younger guys that are into the old saws. Does an old coot good! As always Dean and Stinky did a great job getting everything ready and set up so a lot was going on at one time.

We enjoyed it and if the good Lord willing we'll try to be there next year.
You guys take care and saw safe!!
Joe

Latest posts

Back