Halifax County, VA Heritag Festival Pics & Videos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
igpoe

igpoe

Addicted to ArboristSite
Why Why Why??? :confused: I'm schedule to be out of the country that weekend on a business trip. Otherwise I would have liked to of attended. My neighbor was just talking about this festival the other day. Oh well.. Guess I'll have to wait until next year.. Stinkin Job!! Always ruining my fun..

Send your neighbor..........he can tell you how much fun we had!
:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

little possum

little possum

Crash and Burn
Hey fellas,
Those of you who are subscribed to this thread, and are coming to the Festival on May 1 or 2, how about hold up your hands now or in the next couple of days so I can get an acurate count. I need to get just a few more ducks lined up in a row so things can be smooooth. Thanks
Dean C (Igpoe):cheers:

Count 2 of the possums in. :clap: - close as I can get to raising hands

igpoe

igpoe

Addicted to ArboristSite
Soon

THIS EVENT IS NOW LESS THAN 2 WEEKS AWAY!
Ya'll better have 'em sharp. I still don't know the type of wood yet, but it won't be pine............likely oak,hickory, or poplar. We should have plenty at 12-20 inches and two or three at 30-40 inches x 8-10 ft. for the two-mans or large gear drives. But maybe a few will have enough grunt in a direct-drive! Stinkbait has messed-up his left hand again,so his SP125 may be out-of-comission too. He's getting it fixed again this coming wed. Wish him luck!.
Looking forward to seeing all of you and please bring all cameras too as we want all the videos we can get!
Igpoe:cheers:

little possum

little possum

Crash and Burn
Still planning on being there. We will at least have the Mercury in the truck. Nothing special compared to yours. But at least it runs. It needs a little fine tuning and a sharpening on the wore out chain.

The Falls may be there. Having some trouble with the chain sticking in the bar rail.

igpoe

igpoe

Addicted to ArboristSite
News Flash!!!!!!!!!

This just in:
There was this dude who told the festival organizers that he could climb his motorcycle onto a 6' rock. Well 6' rocks don't just show up in the middle of our fairgrounds, so they found a chunk of tree: 60" on the small end.
This dude comes over to see it and starts talking about how he didn't know if he could repair his bike in time and he hadn't practiced in a couple years....so forths and so on until we figure he won't show. If he doesn't you can only imagine who gets to play with this humongous oak!
Obviously we need as long a bar as YOU have. Yes, YOU! If I have to attack it,you do too!. I'll be there by 7am Sat. morning. Anyone need directions again? I'm sure I reported that already,I think.

7oaks

7oaks

DRUGSTORE LOGGER
This just in:
There was this dude who told the festival organizers that he could climb his motorcycle onto a 6' rock. Well 6' rocks don't just show up in the middle of our fairgrounds, so they found a chunk of tree: 60" on the small end.
This dude comes over to see it and starts talking about how he didn't know if he could repair his bike in time and he hadn't practiced in a couple years....so forths and so on until we figure he won't show. If he doesn't you can only imagine who gets to play with this humongous oak!
Obviously we need as long a bar as YOU have. Yes, YOU! If I have to attack it,you do too!. I'll be there by 7am Sat. morning. Anyone need directions again? I'm sure I reported that already,I think.

Ah shucks...I only have a 36 incher for the 090 and Contra...Guess it will be useless to bring them.

:mad:

igpoe

igpoe

Addicted to ArboristSite
Ah shucks...I only have a 36 incher for the 090 and Contra...Guess it will be useless to bring them.

:mad:

If 36" is all you have,it's no big deal as very few people even have that much;AND the last time I checked 36 x 2 = 72 and therefore making it easy for you to cut the cookie,only a slight bit time consuming.
But, we have OTHER wood, ranging from 36" to 10". So, as I said before, bring the biggest,baddest saws you have plus a few of the more interesting smaller ones. I plan to bring a mint 35 Mac, for instance.

little possum

little possum

Crash and Burn
Talked to my tech the other day, and he said he had enough "used" chain to make you another chain. If you ever need one.

I may put the 6' and 3120 in the truck if thats alright by you. Its not exactly a antique, but I think it would be fun to bury the bar

Still trying to get a few things fixed. But plan to see you bright and early Saturday morning.

igpoe

igpoe

Addicted to ArboristSite
Talked to my tech the other day, and he said he had enough "used" chain to make you another chain. If you ever need one.

I may put the 6' and 3120 in the truck if thats alright by you. Its not exactly a antique, but I think it would be fun to bury the bar

Still trying to get a few things fixed. But plan to see you bright and early Saturday morning.

I've got a spare chain for the Titan if that's what you mean, but thanks.
As to which saws to bring.......it doesn't matter, bring whichever you want. I'll be at the fairgrounds, (one mile east of South Boston off US rt.360), at around 7 am. Looking forward to seeing you guys.
Dean

Latest posts