Ham Radio Woodcutters

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My LONG dipole is a monopole at the time thanks to a big hickory limb that came down. IOW, I'm off the air at the moment.

Finally got the limb cut up (good firewood) so now it's time to go fishing again overtop a BIG hickory! Hope the old guy line doesn't hang up in the tree when I try to pull it out...

73 de Jim, KO4ER

rwbinbc = kc8mue

ft920 2x's g5rv active on and off but then winter is coming, Fast.

The bigshot is the cat's meow on diopole installation, 50' to 60' No Problem-O

3.902 at night

rwbinbc = kc8mue

ft920 2x's g5rv active on and off but then winter is coming, Fast.

The bigshot is the cat's meow on diopole installation, 50' to 60' No Problem-O

3.902 at night

We'll have to make a sked when (if) I get the station back up! I'll listen in and see if I hear you.

I have an off-center fed 160m dipole I use on all HF bands.

73 de Jim KO4ER

kc9ddw, use to belong to the local club, but that all fell apart a few years back with a power struggle, last time i i turned a radio on the repeater was still up. I sold off all my equip a few years ago but kept a handheald for emergency or if a fox hunt pops up:clap:

Sold the old tempo 32 years ago. Always thought I would buy another when I had time. I believe it will be easy to catch the radio bug again.

MO-Iron

My LONG dipole is a monopole at the time thanks to a big hickory limb that came down. IOW, I'm off the air at the moment.

Finally got the limb cut up (good firewood) so now it's time to go fishing again overtop a BIG hickory! Hope the old guy line doesn't hang up in the tree when I try to pull it out...

73 de Jim, KO4ER

Let me know if you need some help with getting the dipole back up...I have an 8'casting rod, and golf balls w/screw eyes in them. Works well.

Back