Handloggers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People in the industry out west (BC/AK,WA,OR,CA)tend to be proud of their heritage in logging. The generations before us (our families) and what they did was amazing. The experience is not even the same from your perspective to our lives. I smell troll dung here.

Your places say "Please" ? That's just downright civilized. :)

They USED to. Unfortunately, so many people have moved away that the signs are no longer up. One former tavern is now a Bar and Grill. The other place has been gentrified also. I guess the signs might scare the tourists and their children, since children can now come in. The same in the town to the east.

They USED to. Unfortunately, so many people have moved away that the signs are no longer up. One former tavern is now a Bar and Grill. The other place has been gentrified also. I guess the signs might scare the tourists and their children, since children can now come in. The same in the town to the east.

Yup...pretty much the same here. That last place I saw a "No caulks" sign was in Hyampom...and that was years ago.

hmmm...

I've always been keen on reading the Tramp Bushler's` posts because I really love his writing style...His vivid descriptions are great...his rolling sentences remind me of someone very quick witted who can't stop for a minute to take a breath so he's gotta keep plugging away what's on his mind.

Not everyone can get a long, #### the tree crew I work with everyday has different politics new age sierra club hippies to limbaugh loyalists but when it comes time to spiking a 100' tall spruce next to a $500,000 yuppie palace, the politics aren't even a thought in anyones mind. There is a fine line between work and politics.

I read anyone from Gary Snyder to Robert E. Pike, the politics definitely differ but they've both been out in the woods with a saw or an axe in their hand.

Perhaps bushler you should post some pics of some work you're doing in the bush, those could speak louder than words.

I wonder where thier threads of their logging is , with thier pics ect ?
It would never explain why you chose to attack someone instead of sticking with the topic. Obviously if you were able to put me in my place about my comment about your reading comprehension you would have done it. Instead of admitting you jumped the gun like a "real deal" you hurl insults at three different posters because you couldn't defend your comments. Not very impressive from someone who started their logging career in the great state of Maine.........just like myself.:cheers:

Chopper , do you know what it,s like to have your profession destroyed by people who would rather see a snag than a stump .. People who don,t understand the timber but want to see a (wilderness) , eventho they will never go wandering thru it ..... They just want it , they think they are entitled to it ....I loath and despise moderate environmentalists like that jack ass ......... If you are a Maneiac then you know that the national pastime of Maine is fighting ...... I fought every day of my life till I went in the service .... I live in the Interior of Alaska now because we no longer have a real timber industry in Southeast Alaska ........................... Thing to think about is , I,ve logged where you are .. You have prolly never seen where I am and live and work ...... You may want to get alot more life experience before you side with someone who thinks so much of himself he would do all he can to take away your livelihood , and life from you ............... I hope you log to your hearts content ... That guy don,t .. He only wants you to work as much as he thinks you should ............You beginning to see the problem with that .....:confused:

It's easy to be pissed off about what has happened to the West Coast and the forest here; sun/earth worshipers, apologists that have nothing to fight for but their own selfishness, people just generally out of touch with nature here, and I guess to sum them up...liberals.

There has been plenty of reasons the timber industry has declined. These queers killed it in our National Forests. Period.

Back