Happy days!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butch(OH)

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Got a letter from Columbia gas today. Basicaly they think I am cheating them out of gas since my meter has not turned since September. They want to come in my house and look around. The way it is worded made me mad so I chunked it in the trash, wonder how much they will spend tracking me down to find out I just aint burn'en any? LOL LOL:popcorn: Dumb arses aint smart enough to see the OWB in the back yard.

hurry and build a fence around the OWB, dont let them see it. Maybe even pretend to be guilty, waste their time like they would waste yours if you called about your meter spinning too fast!

i wouldnt let them look at squat unless they wanted to look at there meter id make them jump through hoops.

they did the same thing here, the jerk came in my house and refused to take off his boots, told him to go pi$$ up a rope and get off my land. got a call from his supervisor appologizing for him. i told him to come unhook the gas pipe and take the meter i'm done wit cha.

I wouldn't let them on my property. I would have a fence around the meter with some big angry Rottweilers inside.

hurry and build a fence around the OWB, dont let them see it. Maybe even pretend to be guilty, waste their time like they would waste yours if you called about your meter spinning too fast!

If that is not rep worthy I do not know what is. Well said sir! I could not have said it better myself.

I actually had a service crew show up at my house to "seize" my gas meter ... they told me that they suspected the unit had been tampered with or was defective..

They quoted to me that the previous owner used " bla bla" cubic feet of natural gas per month and since I bought the property they had only been ably to bill me the minimum charge.

The best part is as we "discussed" this in my driveway the guy was leaning on one of the many stacks of seasoning fire wood...:dizzy:

might want to take some closeup pics of meter, esp., serial number, just in case the "in house testing" produces results that *you* were not expecting.
It's a chain of custody thing. Gives you an avenue to have the meter examined by an independent source, if necessary later on.

The gas company has a 'right' to inspect (replace) the gas meter. They would need a court order to allow them to wander around the property or inside the home.

just a thought ...

The gas company has a 'right' to inspect (replace) the gas meter. They would need a court order to allow them to wander around the property or inside the home.

just a thought ...

In some city's the gas meter is inside the home. If you don't let them check on their meter they can and will turn you off after a period of time. They don't need a court order for that.

Got Em

The beep beep beep of the gas man i heard ,as i was taking a nooner.I didnt here it rev up to pumping speed,so i started to nod off again,then i heard it go beep beep beep again.Got my drawers on and the guy back out of the site of the road to take a snooze himself i guess.He asked me if i wanted it topped off to 80% from 50%.I told him lets wait till june or july and he said if they keep coming out to fill,and there was a refusal too many times that my rate would increase.I told him to knock his socks off and filler up.Took 153 [email protected] to shabby considering that was the first fill since september.They just stare at that big ole wood pile and say#^&&)(^&%%$@%&(_)_&^$$$++_(*^$^ dangit hahahahaahhahhahahaaha all the way to the bank ya sonszabeaches:greenchainsaw: :greenchainsaw: his boss:cry:

Something similar happened to a good friend of mine last year with our local RECC. They actually sent a tech to his place and were gonna adjust his meter because his electric bill had decreased considerably from the previous year. A few choice words from his wife and a trip into the house to look at the wood stove and it was end of story.

I have Columbia Gas, and they take an "actual" meter reading ever other month. On those off months I check it and send in the reading. 9 times out of 10 they don't believe that I am using so little natural gas and give me a "higher estimate"(ie larger bill) of a typical owner of a house in my village. Can't stand it!

Columbia Gas

Got a letter from Columbia gas today. Basicaly they think I am cheating them out of gas since my meter has not turned since September. They want to come in my house and look around. The way it is worded made me mad so I chunked it in the trash, wonder how much they will spend tracking me down to find out I just aint burn'en any? LOL LOL:popcorn: Dumb arses aint smart enough to see the OWB in the back yard.

Mail them a photo of your OWB and accuse them of being "sore losers":buttkick: :clap:

Back