Has anyone have a brand new OEM stihl piston explode within seconds of the first start?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Take a hard look to see if one of the bearings lost a needle. It looks a lot like failure I had. Top end of the piston and rings broke right at the exhaust port. In my case then bearing failure was obvious.

Are you "chitting" me, have you ever seen a piston eat it self like that with no foreign matter found. I like to talk facts instead of my ass....but that might just be the way I operate instead of trolling. Dont get me wrong, everyone makes mistakes but this was not a matter of debris falling through the intake or the exhaust manifold.

You must live in the perfect world where mishaps (I dont want to say accidents because you could twist that into your own words) dont happen....right? Have you ever seen a V6 throw a rod? Have you ever dealt with a company that'll warranty theres work even after the customer has ignored there recalls after 345hrs?

I highly doubt it, so if I was you I could see myself spending my time in a more beneficial way than trying to put others down instead of trying to belittle them with childish outburst because your family neglected you.

Sorry, not SORRY

AND THATS FOR HARLEY T SINCE THE QUOTE ISNT ACTING APPROPRIATELY

I'll be flushing the carb and all its key passages tmmrw, I have it next to my tool bag so I'll make sure to pick it up and give it a good check before I clock in

Naw, just some common sense!

I'm just curious, where did your common sense originate?

What's made you an expert on 2 cycle engines?

I'm not going to ask why you think your the cream of the crop because I can tell from you sig that you know your a jokester, but may I ask what you do for as a career.....honestly I'm just curious and wondering why you look down on so many others that might not have as many post as you.

I'm just curious, where did your common sense originate?

What's made you an expert on 2 cycle engines?

I'm not going to ask why you think your the cream of the crop because I can tell from you sig that you know your a jokester, but may I ask what you do for as a career.....honestly I'm just curious and wondering why you look down on so many others that might not have as many post as you.
He does know what he is doing actually and he is good at it. But I can say he must have had bad experiences with a lot of people that made him this way. Harley take it easy on the new guys.

c4f98a085fea90588ca8342306fa4225.jpg

And: I’d have dug that lump out of there just to see WTH it is.

Idk if youve noticed harley, but youve been talking to yourself for 2 hours now...just sayin..
And laughing at his own posts that he quoted! Hey it’s all good, but there is the edit function so there’s not 9 short posts in a row!:****you:

That's simply poor lighting. Zoom in on the pic I copied. That's all fresh metal.

Hey Brad! Thanks for the zoomed photo! I stand corrected! Yep, that was definitely a result of foreign material in that transfer! No doubt in my mind anymore! My first thought is that the object would be in the muffler....but I doubt it even had the opportunity to get past the transfer port as evidenced by the lack of cylinder damage. Seems it would just about have to be in the crank case unless it fell to the floor during disassembly.

Piston ring broke, snagged on the transfer port and went through the top of the piston. Try to fit a ring into the channel at the top of the piston. Good fit? Bingo
Came here to say this, had to read the whole thread to make sure I wasn't repeating somebody.

Neighbor bought his SIL early Xmas present last Saturday dealer set up & approx 15 mins sawing Sat afternoon Heard saw fire up Sunday AM few minutes later they were at my door saw NO GO wouldn't pullover could I have a look re clutch problem?not that ongoing removing bits on removing cylinder piston had sheared through wrist pin eyes crown doing it's own thing in the bore returned to Dealer Tuesday last still awaiting the oration from on high as to the outcome of the warranty

Latest posts

Back