Has anyone modded a Dolmar PS-9010

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zr900

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
OK. I just bought the saw about 3 weeks ago and am not planning on modding my saw, at least not until the warranty is up. The only thing I have done is pull the spark screen and the plate that holds the spark screen off.

My question is has anybody modded a 9010, and if so who did it? Is modding a saw going to shorten a saws life span?

OK. I just bought the saw about 3 weeks ago and am not planning on modding my saw, at least not until the warranty is up. The only thing I have done is pull the spark screen and the plate that holds the spark screen off.

My question is has anybody modded a 9010, and if so who did it? Is modding a saw going to shorten a saws life span?

BIGBORE577 has a DN 9010.....

Last edited:
Why do you want to modify the saw? I mean I know, for more power, but why do you need more power? Just curious.....

I never modded my Stihl 088, don't feel too badly undernourished when using it.

Last edited:
The Dolmar is the same as the Solo 694.......which is what I have. They respond real well to muffler mods!!!

i guess what I was getting at when asking why modify, is that I see the need to, and do modify my bread and butter saws, but a big saw, and I think of a big saw as being in the range of a 90cc and up, unless you are milling or working in big wood a lot, what is the point of gaining some speed on what I think is fair enough to say, tends to be a not so often used saw, the downside being noise. For fun...? That is a good reason too, but I want to be a bit argumentative on the subject to read what people think about it. :chainsaw:

Last edited:
How do these compare to a 660? Probably pretty close I'd think.

I think they are , I had a 9000 aboot 5 years or so ago, sold to JJ. Partner in the firewood business has a 660 and from memory the where pretty close as far cutting

Last edited:
I am not planning on modding my saw until the warranty is up for sure.

I have heard that doing some mods will actually help the saw run cooler and actually lengthen the life of the saw.

About a pound or two heavier and $200 less than the 660 with a extra year of warranty

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back