Having Trouble Getting 28"ES Light Bar......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihl n Wood

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a 14" light on my climbing saw (200t) And also love the 28" on 441's and 460's.. So I went and put a order in a month ago now for the bars. I keep calling every week. And there still telling mebits backordered? Anyone else having this problem? Or is my dealer? Or just the region I live? Thanks ahead of time for anyones imput...

Your dealer may be doing you dirty or the product may be legitimately backordered. You can give northeast stihl a call at (203) 929-8488 or maybe a NE stihl dealer will be able to weigh in.

If you have a part number I can check the availabilty for you.

Thanks, I have the slip here somewhere with the numbers on it. Usually no matter what I order its here in three days. I also ordered 3 skiptooth chains along with the bars, got the chains a long time ago. I didn't think it would be such a big deal or wait. I was going to try the Oregon reduced weight bars but I've heard there not quite as strong. This is for daily use so I always strive for the most reliable products.

I checked part number 3003 000 2238 (3/8 x .050 E-light bar) it says "none available/backorder"

Nt sure how true but my local says they can have one fri. $147.80 +6% tax. If you want it pm me.

Thanks, I'm going nuts its been at least four weeks or so now. Still nothing. I know there's one somewhere on the wall!!! But thanks for checking guys. And I may take your offer as well. Sick of waiting!!

I Ordered One On Friday

I ordered a 28" light last Friday and was told one week to get it here. First the dealer told me it did not exist (they didn't even seem to know what I was trying to order) so I pulled it up on my iPhone and showed them; got a call a little later in the day letting me know they found it in Denver and could have it here in a week. They seemed surprised I would pay that much for a bar. I will let you know when I get it.

there's 28 in the London Ontario wharehouse, not sure why their backordered in the states ?!?!

I'm not sure, the only thing that I've had be on backorder before this bar was a wrap handle for my 441. But it came a week later. Not a month. Well hope those Germans are hard at work!! So far stihls been great to work with. I've never gone to work worrying about my saws puking out on me. Outside of operator error they have never failed me yet. I just want another bar, its kinda a want thing, not a need thing... if it were something serious and keeping me from running the saw, then I would probably be a little upset.

Back