Heck of a thing happened to me today!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yet, in an earlier post you state that you pointed out valuable items and even listed the value?

Yea, to the friend I knew and trusted since 6th grade which would make it 18 yrs. Not just any person coming and going dipsheit!

How was i to know he was going to turn on me?

That would be a tough thing to have someone that you've known and trusted that long steal from you. No excuse mind ya, but something must be very wrong with him or something in his life has gone bad wrong. Takes a real friend to as for help, any azzhole can steal. JR

Yea, to the friend I knew and trusted since 6th grade which would make it 18 yrs. Not just any person coming and going dipsheit!

How was i to know he was going to turn on me?

That was my point...in one post you say you trust nobody and then you say you trust this guy. You knew him 18 years and didn't know he was a thief? or didn't notice a change in behavior? Sorry, but after hearing that, in addition to your juvenile behavior, I can't work up much sympathy for you.

That was my point...in one post you say you trust nobody and then you say you trust this guy. You knew him 18 years and didn't know he was a thief? or didn't notice a change in behavior? Sorry, but after hearing that, in addition to your juvenile behavior, I can't work up much sympathy for you.

I'm not much for internet fighting man. If you are, which you seem to be then do your thang. And I never asked for your sympathy, I don't even know you. You seem to be kindof a jerk though.

You're point is'nt making much sense to me. So the guy had me fooled. No I never expected it and he was the same ole guy. I guess I thought I knew him alot better after almost 20 years.

Yea, I don't take alot of crap from people, call it juvenile if you will, I call it standing up for me and mine. Yea, it made me feel bad too.

You been getting ran over alot in the real world?

I respect you opinion, so tell me what you would have done? Be honest now.

Last edited:
That would be a tough thing to have someone that you've known and trusted that long steal from you. No excuse mind ya, but something must be very wrong with him or something in his life has gone bad wrong. Takes a real friend to as for help, any azzhole can steal. JR

Yea, now that I've had time to think it thru, he never seemed any different. Always been cool. At the same time, never went out on a limb for me or anything but I never asked him to either. It don't make much sense to me. Starting to be pretty bummed out about it. He had'nt been around as much as he used to be but has still been in touch pretty regularly. Maybe something is up with him.

Oh well, I can't help him out though, not now anyways.

That was my point...in one post you say you trust nobody and then you say you trust this guy. You knew him 18 years and didn't know he was a thief? or didn't notice a change in behavior?

I had this happen to a friend of mine. He wasn't a life long friend but he suddenly changed overnight. Bounced a bunch of checks and borrowed from friends. Luckily, some one gave me the heads up before he hit me up. He was locked up a week later for armed robbery of a convenience store in order to fuel his new crack addiction. It took less than a month. I couldn't believe it. He served his time and has been clean and sober since. I saw him once after he got out and he looked worlds better. When things go bad quick and people become desperate it is not always so easy to see the warning signs.

I had this happen to a friend of mine. He wasn't a life long friend but he suddenly changed overnight. Bounced a bunch of checks and borrowed from friends. Luckily, some one gave me the heads up before he hit me up. He was locked up a week later for armed robbery of a convenience store in order to fuel his new crack addiction. It took less than a month. I couldn't believe it. He served his time and has been clean and sober since. I saw him once after he got out and he looked worlds better. When things go bad quick and people become desperate it is not always so easy to see the warning signs.
This is so very true! In my line of work we encounter addicts on an hourly basis. We book them for shoplifting, possession of illegal drugs, robbery, etc. Most of them are well known. Every so often, a new person (unfortunately, they're too often in the age 15-19) will enter the "scene". They look and act normal the first few days, but then it's often like flipping a switch and they're right in there stealing, robbing, fighting, caught in possession, you name it.

One of the worst cases I've seen, was a kid not even 18 years old. We'd noticed him hanging around a few days, but not really had anything to do with him. SOP is to contact child affairs and have them contact the individual, and let them get back to us. Two days later we had the kid O.D. and we had to really fight to keep him alive. The silver lining in that one was the kid is now clean and doing well, but it will be a life long battle for him I'm afraid.

The warning signs are so incredibly hard to see sometimes, it can be too late. Heroin, cocaine and crack are such violent drugs, they can destroy a person almost in the blink of an eye!

I'm not much for internet fighting man. If you are, which you seem to be then do your thang. And I never asked for your sympathy, I don't even know you. You seem to be kindof a jerk though.

You're point is'nt making much sense to me. So the guy had me fooled. No I never expected it and he was the same ole guy. I guess I thought I knew him alot better after almost 20 years.

Yea, I don't take alot of crap from people, call it juvenile if you will, I call it standing up for me and mine. Yea, it made me feel bad too.

You been getting ran over alot in the real world?

I respect you opinion, so tell me what you would have done? Be honest now.

After the theft, I would have done the same as you. The juvenile part was calling me a name in your first reply to me.

After the theft, I would have done the same as you. The juvenile part was calling me a name in your first reply to me.

Yea okay. Well I can take the remark back. Thats what happens when you catch a guy in a bad mood and try to call him out on things he has said.

Seems like you we're just trying to fuel my fire. There was no call for that. You don't know anything about the situation. I guess until something like this happens to you then you won't understand.

Yea, I don't trust too many people because I have been burnt before. But I did trust a guy thats been my friend for almost 20 years. If you don't understand that then thats fine, but you should'nt be trying to call me out on it when you don't know the whole deal. Once again, not asking for your sympathy or anyone elses. Just posting to vent some steam and hear some opinions/advice. Did'nt really ask to be nitpicked about meaningless things but, oh well. That seems pretty juvenile to me.

Yea okay. Well I can take the remark back. Thats what happens when you catch a guy in a bad mood and try to call him out on things he has said.

Seems like you we're just trying to fuel my fire. There was no call for that. You don't know anything about the situation. I guess until something like this happens to you then you won't understand.

Yea, I don't trust too many people because I have been burnt before. But I did trust a guy thats been my friend for almost 20 years. If you don't understand that then thats fine, but you should'nt be trying to call me out on it when you don't know the whole deal. Once again, not asking for your sympathy or anyone elses. Just posting to vent some steam and hear some opinions/advice. Did'nt really ask to be nitpicked about meaningless things but, oh well. That seems pretty juvenile to me.

That's what my first post was...my opinion,and if you look closely, my advice.

And, no, you can't take that remark back.

Im going to dodge all the fighting in this thread & just respond to the original post.

I read it a few days back but didnt reply right away because I wanted to think about it a little first.

I tried to imagine what I would do in that situation. Id like to think that I would simply go up to the sales exchange, grab my saw, be firm and then leave. Depending upon the mood etc, I might call the police when I got home.

But its far more complicated than this.

On the one hand, I am pretty sure I wouldnt be able to remain calm & probably would have at least hit my "buddy" once (probably wouldnt kick him on the ground as you did, but then I think im a few years older and more calm now - at your age, I most likely would have).

On the flip side, not know about this "friend" I dont know what on earth would motivate someone to do this. I mean is he out of work? Is he starving? Is he trying to feed his kids? Maybe he's a drug addict. Not that any of these questions would absolve him of sin, but at least would explain some motivation. Im sure we all have friends who are down on their luck. I know myself, if i had a friend who was in that shape, Id do everything I could to help him feed his family - but stealing my saw obviously is still not cool, no matter the reason.

The positive to be taken out of this is that you got your saw back & most likely will never leave it in the back of your truck again. Many of us have had saws and other property stolen & werent fortunate enough to learn the lesson AND get our property back.

The negative is that you most likely lost a friend in the process - unless there are some deeper reasons to his actions as noted above and you are willing to try to help him work through it and get back on track - but that would take a hell of a lot of guts from you - and make you a bigger man than I could ever be.

Anthony,

You did exactly what you should have done.
I personally, would have put my steel toed boot in his thieving ribs a time or two while he was down there as a further reinforcement of the consequenses of negative behavior, and then told him that if he breathed a word of it to ANYONE, I would whip his sorry azz, EACH AND EVERY TIME I LAID EYES ON HIM, FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE!!!!

Furthermore,
Any sorry, low life, scum sucking, bottom feeding excuse for an attorney that would take his case can have his ribs kicked in (or his by God house burned down in the middle of the night) too.

Far too many good men have stood idly by and let that kind of horsecrap go on unchallenged for way too long.
It has gotten so ingrained in peoples minds that they are afraid to stand up for themselves for fear that "Oh I might get sued".
So sue me, they will never see a penny of it this side of their grave, and how they go about getting to that grave will be their choice!

By the way there is a way you can help your ex-friend even at this point.
Tell him that the vast majority of the "saw guys" you know would have given him a lot worse than he got from you, so he needs to mark chainsaws off his list of things to steal!!!

Mike

On the one hand, I am pretty sure I wouldnt be able to remain calm & probably would have at least hit my "buddy" once (probably wouldnt kick him on the ground as you did, but then I think im a few years older and more calm now - at your age, I most likely would have

Nah man, you kinda read it wrong I think. I held back the urge to do anything more. I never said I kicked him. I'm not ruthless or anything, lol.

Originally posted by WRW:
That's what my first post was...my opinion,and if you look closely, my advice.

And, no, you can't take that remark back.
Yesterday 11:27 PM

Okay then, I won't take it back. Talk about juvenile. Call me crazy but I did'nt see any advice in your post. Just nitpicking. Thats okay though, you just keep on. I'm starting to get a kick out of it. :givebeer:

Good for you!!! I just read what happened to you and skipped through most the thread, But how are you going to be able to control yourself next time you see the guy? I know i couldn't!!

And who needs enemies when you have friends like that!!

:greenchainsaw:

Anthony,

You did exactly what you should have done.
I personally, would have put my steel toed boot in his thieving ribs a time or two while he was down there as a further reinforcement of the consequenses of negative behavior, and then told him that if he breathed a word of it to ANYONE, I would whip his sorry azz, EACH AND EVERY TIME I LAID EYES ON HIM, FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE!!!!

Furthermore,
Any sorry, low life, scum sucking, bottom feeding excuse for an attorney that would take his case can have his ribs kicked in (or his by God house burned down in the middle of the night) too.

Far too many good men have stood idly by and let that kind of horsecrap go on unchallenged for way too long.
It has gotten so ingrained in peoples minds that they are afraid to stand up for themselves for fear that "Oh I might get sued".
So sue me, they will never see a penny of it this side of their grave, and how they go about getting to that grave will be their choice!

By the way there is a way you can help your ex-friend even at this point.
Tell him that the vast majority of the "saw guys" you know would have given him a lot worse than he got from you, so he needs to mark chainsaws off his list of things to steal!!!

Mike

Synopsis: You don't want to be a saw theif or attorney representing one in Kentucky.:cheers:

Nah man, you kinda read it wrong I think. I held back the urge to do anything more. I never said I kicked him. I'm not ruthless or anything, lol.

Oh duh. Yes, I did read it wrong.

Well in that case, I suspect I would have ended up doing the same thing as you - one punch - although I hope I would have more restraint, I dont think i would. :)

nope, you didn't do the right thing, you should have kicked both of their asses and then kick your so called friends ass every time you see him for the next 2 years...

crackheads.......

there would have been some broken bones and cut when I left, hell, might have even beat him with the saw...

Latest posts

Back