Hello All.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Farm Pro

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey, I just wanted to say hello. I've been lurking the site for many months and thought it was time to introduce myself. I live in Freeland MI. and work as a Mechanical engineer and farm up in the thumb(if you know where that is) the rest of the time along withg my vacations. I enjoy the wealth of knowledge and information you guys provide, also enjoy the humor. Currenly I run a Stihl MS 361 ans a MS 250C. Also have a few Craftsman floating around along with a homie 330 and a MAC 35 (I think) and a Cub Cadet pole saw. Mainly use my saw for clean-up and clearing some new ground. Cleared many a acres and fencerows over the years. Just picked my 361 this spring after running a 034 to its life. So far it has been a great saw for my uses. All of this talk on here has got me thinking I might need a slight mod. Love cutting and tinkering with my toys. Thanks.

Welcome!

Hello and welcome to the site. I also own the MS361 and absolutely love it -great saw.

This is a fun place to hang out although it can get expensive when you talk yourself into new saws!!

Al :cheers:

Welcome aboard..... now run away lest you be scared for life with an affliction that has you sitting in the pews staring at the ceiling wondering what saw they used to take down the trees that made the beams in the church while at your sisters wedding. :laugh:

Hello Farm Pro! As others have said..."Welcome to the site". The 361 is a nice saw. You evidently have a propensity for buying saws as evidenced by your plural ownership of this particular piece of equipment...this may in fact be a very dangerous place for you to hang around...unless you have some deeppp pockets...proceed at your own risk! :)

:cheers:

Being a good parent Santa brought my son the Stihl MS (Toy) for Christmas and also Craftsman chainsaw (from my sister). For some reason he likes to play with the Craftsman. Should I give him a time-out. He is only 2, but is this normal.:confused:

Being a good parent Santa brought my son the Stihl MS (Toy) for Christmas and also Craftsman chainsaw (from my sister). For some reason he likes to play with the Craftsman. Should I give him a time-out. He is only 2, but is this normal.:confused:

Normal? Depends...if he's already surfing AS...then yes, it's normal.

FP,

OK. News flash! You're the dad. He needs you. That's why G0D provides parents to protect and train their children until they're of age, say 18 or so.

Now, go put the little shaver on you lap and tell him the chainsaw facts of life. Consider teaching him:

1. Creamsicle is the color of chainsaw champions.
2. "S T I H L" is how you spell chainsaw champions.
3. Little 2 cycle theory here is good.
4. Let him know why "Ultra" is superior and let him smell the difference for himself.
5. Teach him to use premium gasoline.
6. The "fresh mix" lesson is in order as well.
7. Little chaps for him would be a nice touch.
8. Consider discussing file angles and make sure he doesn't leave pressure during the pull back.

I know you're a little nervous. This must be your first.

We're all here to help you,

Joat

Hey there Farm Pro,
Lotsa fun here at AS.

How about that Jennifer Granholm ???

Hey there Farm Pro,
Lotsa fun here at AS.

How about that Jennifer Granholm ???

Sure it is, and congrats with choosing the MS361 - best sub 70cc saw around, imo. :rockn: :rockn:

...but the 250c is not a saw that I like - there are much better options in that class.....:censored:

Another welcome! From da wet West Coast we salute you and your choice of machines! :D Not many here have slagged the 361's and from what I understand they take mods well too, lots of info here. (but keep that wee yard-ape away from da Craftmans, sheesh, that there borders on, um, oh nm........)

:jester:

:cheers:

Serge

Welcome welcome welcome. It's always good to see another addi......I mean saw enthusiast. You will have fun and learn alot here.

Back