Hello from Bavaria!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know of a Bavaria in Germany, but not in the US ?:)

Bavaria/Germany. Home of the Octoberfest :cheers:

He means your profile lists you as living in the United States.

Net-Knight1
user_online.gif

image.php

How did you find ArboristSite.com: google
Biography: Chainsawfan from Bavaria
Interests: Hockey
Home Country: United States

Net-Knight1
user_online.gif

image.php

Oh, i changed it right now...:cheers:

Net-Knight1
user_online.gif

image.php

I take that as he is a US Citizen, living in Germany - but .......:confused:

Nice place. Not far from the BMW factories.... I have a customer in Aich, not far from Landshut.

Sorry, forgot to tell you, every new german member of AS has to pay the other members "ein helles Hefeweizen" before his 30 th post :cheers:

And every current Belgian member can buy us a round of Duvel!

Hi Kogafortwo,

my hometown is Landshut.

Have you been in Bamberg with the US Army?

Not the Army. I work for Bosch, in gasoline fuel injection development (Produktentwicklung - Benzineinspritzung). I will probably travel back to Germany in December or in the beginning of 2009 for business.

P.S. I hope all your motors have Bosch spark plugs.

Not the Army. I work for Bosch, in gasoline fuel injection development (Produktentwicklung - Benzineinspritzung). I will probably travel back to Germany in December or in the beginning of 2009 for business.

P.S. I hope all your motors have Bosch spark plugs.

Does this mean Bosch spark plugs supplied to AS members at cheap, cheap prices? And I mean the made in Germany plugs, not the new ones from Brazil. :D

How close are you to Pilsting?

Two years ago, I took part in a cultural exchange program between American and German students. I spent most of time in Stuttgart and the surrounding area. However, on the weekends, my host and I would leave for Bavaria. I immediately fell in love with the area and the people of Pilsting. I hated going back to Stuttgart on Mondays, I wish I could have spent the entire time in Bavaria. Everybody treated me like a celebrity, always wanting to talk or buy me beer. It was great! The hardest part was learning how to talk like a Bavarian when in Bavaria and then speak like a resident of Stuttgart when in Stuttgart. There are definitely differences in simple things like greetings and toastings.

Funny story...when my German host, who was Bavarian, and I went to a bar in Stuttgart, a man asked him if he was the "American", he replied "no" and proceeded to inquiry why this man had thought he was the American and not me. The man replied, "because your German is terrible." lol Apparently, there is a little animosity between citizens of Bavaria and Baden-Württemberg.

Toward the end, I just adopted the Bavarian lifestyle and spoke more like them. In fact, when people ask if I have ever traveled abroad, I respond yes, "I have been to Canada, Mexico, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, and Bavaria." :)

So, how close is Pilsting to you?

Hey Knight, your English is great. I am always impressed by people who master more than one language. It also amazes me the fact that we can instantly communicate with others from all over the planet. We are kind of like a big extended family here who just happen to like chainsaws. :)

+1, Welcome aboard!

Some Pic's of my equipment:

Already seen, the Husky 339xp
DSC03384-1.jpg

Stihl 361 (4,6hp)
stihl-1.jpg

Husky 55
hus55.jpg

Dolmar 114
dolli.jpg

an older Dolmar CA
DSC03682.jpg