Hello

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sudden Impact

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Well this is my first post, I have been reading for several months. I have gained alot of useful information, and some laughs as well. I heat with a outdoor wood stove and enjoy cutting wood... I have three stihl saws, MS440 Mag, MS260 pro, and MS170. I do my splitting with a maul and a fiskars. Here is a pic of my son Logan, he love to go with me when I cut wood. Anyway just saying hello.
20479_1262577722786_1180012298_3076.jpg

Welcome!

From the sounds of things you'll fit right in here. Heck most guys won't even hold those three Stihl saws against you !! LOLOLOLOLOL
Anyway enjoy the site.

Let me be the first to give some rep for that good lookin young man in your photo as well as the nice load of wood.

Al :cheers:

Hi Sudden Impact,,,,You have quite a cute son there! Looks like he loves guns. Teach him to be safe with them. My boy was my buddy doing about anything out in the woods, but they grow up far too fast though, so have fun in the mean time.

Nice saws and a nice load of quality firewood. What species is it?

Bob

Welcome to the site,Spend all the time you can with your boy.Once they get old enough and start"Smelling gasoline and perfume"they dont want to fool with dad anymore.

Welcome!

At least you have two good saws! 026 not being one of them.LOL

I bet everything I own that boy will grow up right.

Nice to know he won't be the USA version of Groundman0.

Thanks for the warm welcome, After we get the wood loaded we have a "tin can" shooting session. No worries about safety though I have got that covered.
I'm lucky to be surrounded by forest service land and back last December one particular area got hit pretty hard with heavy ice&snow plus some strong wind, so there are trees down everywhere. I went and bought a permit to cut 4 cords of firewood and have put it to good use. All the easy pickings has been got, so all now what is left requires some work...no big deal though. I gathered Oak <-(all types), Hickory and I will eventually get the less disireable wood this spring. That is, if it's still around.

Welcome to the forum....love your pic!
A daisey red rider in the hands of a future conservsationist!!!

Nice to meet you. Great saws! I especially like the 026. I have one and use mine probably 75% of the time cutting. If you haven't done a muffler mod yet you are missing out. Have a great time and I'm hoping I'll be so lucky to have a little helper like that someday!

Welcome, this site is full of good people and good advice. Your son's picture takes me back several years ago to when my boys were that age. We had a lot of fun in the woods, cherish every moment, they go by fast.

Back