Help a noob run a ms361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, I kind of navigated away from this post a while. At first I wasn't sure if joat would want me saying what the amount is but after looking around in at the tradin' post here - it's comparable to what's in there. So if you are looking for a 361 - I believe there was one or two pretty nice condition saws in there.

If you are looking for a deal, however, I would try to keep you mind open to other models. There are a lot of great saws that would have fit my (perhaps yours as well) needs. I went with a 361 because joatmon seemed very trustworthy to me and gave me the option of sending it back if I was unsatisfied with anything at all. Plus he had it at my doorstep almost before i could send my check!

Another thing I'm glad with is that I went with a 60cc (roughly) model. I'm not a city boy, I powerlift and work out, but after cutting a while I could feel a little sore in the bicep ;) 60cc is plenty for me :D

I hope this helps ;)

Last edited:
Sorry, I kind of navigated away from this post a while. At first I wasn't sure if joat would want me saying what the amount is but after looking around in at the tradin' post here - it's comparable to what's in there. So if you are looking for a 361 - I believe there was one or two pretty nice condition saws in there.

If you are looking for a deal, however, I would try to keep you mind open to other models. There are a lot of great saws that would have fit my (perhaps yours as well) needs. I went with a 361 because joatmon seemed very trustworthy to me and gave me the option of sending it back if I was unsatisfied with anything at all. Plus he had it at my doorstep almost before i could send my check!

Another thing I'm glad with is that I went with a 60cc (roughly) model. I'm not a city boy, I powerlift and work out, but after cutting a while I could feel a little sore in the bicep ;) 60cc is plenty for me :D

I hope this helps ;)

Russ,

You can tell all. I've nothing to hide.

Did you get the package with the filter, scrench and manual?

Lastly, did it put a grin on your face?

Thanks,

Joat

Russ,

You can tell all. I've nothing to hide.

Did you get the package with the filter, scrench and manual?

Lastly, did it put a grin on your face?

Thanks,

Joat

Figured you wouldn't mind ;) I gave him 490 including a brand new 25 inch bar and chain and a used 20 inch bar, a bunch of random goodies and shipping.

Jack, Haven't gotten the second package yet, but maybe it will be waiting for me tonight. As far as putting a grin on my face, boy do you have that right. That was a great deal of fun! Splitting them was also a lot of fun. Brought back memories of being a kid and helping out. I plan on going back this weekend for more, and probably every weekend the weather permits until the woodshed is full :) Thanks again for the great saw and all the goodies. I'll shoot you an email soon so we can catch up on the IT stuff.

For everyone elses enjoyment (feel free to make fun of me for it too) I realized after I tried to make my first cut that I put the chain on backwards. :laugh: Didn't think about it at all when i put it on the saw. Luckily I had all the tools with me.

Figured you wouldn't mind ;) I gave him 490 including a brand new 25 inch bar and chain and a used 20 inch bar, a bunch of random goodies and shipping.

Jack, Haven't gotten the second package yet, but maybe it will be waiting for me tonight. As far as putting a grin on my face, boy do you have that right. That was a great deal of fun! Splitting them was also a lot of fun. Brought back memories of being a kid and helping out. I plan on going back this weekend for more, and probably every weekend the weather permits until the woodshed is full :) Thanks again for the great saw and all the goodies. I'll shoot you an email soon so we can catch up on the IT stuff.

For everyone elses enjoyment (feel free to make fun of me for it too) I realized after I tried to make my first cut that I put the chain on backwards. :laugh: Didn't think about it at all when i put it on the saw. Luckily I had all the tools with me.

Russ,

Cool that you can laugh at yourself. Another famous member here did that with his new 372XP.

Name that member,

Joat

I honestly don't see anything condescending in yukigingers post. And what he says is true. You can't learn how to properly operate a chainsaw just reading a book or manual. That's all he was trying to say.

Dang Gary,

Now you've gone and done it. You've given medical advice for a man you've never seen in your office. Next you'll be tellin' him what oil and mix ratio to run. :dizzy:

Often shaken, but never stirred,

Joat

(Insert shameless GaryWay Goo plug here):chainsawguy:

I've never done that! More than once a day anyways! Yeah...I've done that a couple of times!

Dan

I hope the 25" chain is a skip one.....;)

Seriously, Joat has a habit of making fun of me, but he is a great guy anyway!

Last edited:
Back