Help: Eastern PA Stihl Service

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WalnutIsKing

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello,

I just moved up to Eastern PA (Allentown area). I have an old 066 that needs some work and am looking for a solid local shop that I can trust and knows how to work on older pro saws.

Any recommendations? I don’t mind driving to get to a quality place.

Thanks

It has fuel delivery issues, it will run with a shot of fuel through the carb, won’t run on the carb.

It has fuel delivery issues, it will run with a shot of fuel through the carb, won’t run on the carb.

Sounds like carb/fueline/filter or vacuum leak(s).

I can't suggest a mechanic that's local, but if you want to fiddle with it people here can walk you through it.

Start with checking fuel filter and line and having fresh mix. You need to bend the fuel line as cracks may not be visible , if you can't pres/vac test.

Inspect under the carb covers for bad diaphragms, crud under impulse/pump cover. If you can get covers off without tearing gaskets/diaphragms, check metering valve for being stuck and mesh filter inside the carb inlet.

From there impulse line and intake boot, pres/vac test.

Get an IPL and shop manual.

Sounds like carb/fueline/filter or vacuum leak(s).

I can't suggest a mechanic that's local, but if you want to fiddle with it people here can walk you through it.

Start with checking fuel filter and line and having fresh mix. You need to bend the fuel line as cracks may not be visible , if you can't pres/vac test.

Inspect under the carb covers for bad diaphragms, crud under impulse/pump cover. If you can get covers off without tearing gaskets/diaphragms, check metering valve for being stuck and mesh filter inside the carb inlet.

From there impulse line pres/vac test.

Get an IPL and shop manual.
Carb would be most likely just see if the fuel line is rotted before you get a carb'

I did a quick google search and found a saw shop called Bortz's ..says there a authorized Stihl dealer located in Oley Pa
I don't think that's to far from you ...I can't speak for them though.. reviews seem good
Ernie

Hello,

I just moved up to Eastern PA (Allentown area). I have an old 066 that needs some work and am looking for a solid local shop that I can trust and knows how to work on older pro saws.

Any recommendations? I don’t mind driving to get to a quality place.

Thanks
Bortz's saw shop. Highly recommend.

Latest posts

Back