help identify this saw please

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imagineero

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
This is the only pic I have. Maybe a rear handled version of an 019T? Metal strap coming off chain brake may have been added? Any help appreciated.

Shaun

oooops

attachment.php

any of them worth having for cheap? I had a look at the specs, lower revving older saws but look like they had a little more displacement than similar size modern saws, so maybe still have a bit of grunt?

Thanks,
Shaun

Stihl still sold the 009L (semi top-handle -- rear handle integral with case) 2 or 3 years ago as "occasional use" saw. Tough little saws with diaphragm pump chain oilers which pumped oil even when the chain not moving. Nice ones go for $60 to $70 in local pawn shops.

Those old stihls are nothing flash but they go OK.
The air filter is primitive for your sort of work.
Those little saws are tough they sold them down under for a long time.

Yup, looks just the same as my 011AVEQ. Not flashy or cool. They just keep doing the job they are supposed to do, and you can pick them up all day long in good running condition for $100-$125.

The 009 has a different type of handle. The 010-012 AVE all look the same just different size pistons. Most parts interchange between each other. They are pretty good runners and are not to hard to work on. I usually get about $120-150 for a good runner around here.

Back