Help i'ding my Johnsred

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phone guy

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Ok, this is my first time trying to put pics up so here goes. I had this saw given to me about 10 yrs ago and it has never ran great and needs a new b/c, but i think its worth saving. Let me know if you know the model #. thanks erik

I had a sp510 that looked similar but I think yours is bigger considering the full wrap handle. I would definetly fix it up as long as the Piston and Cylinder are in good shape. Cosmetically, that saw looks pretty good, probably from the 80's/late 70's.

If the plate is still there, the model num should be on the body of the saw, to the lower right of the throttle. If not someone more experienced here should be able to help you out given a few part numbers...

I'm also in the process of rebuilding an old Jred.

The pics are a bit small, but it can hardly be anything but a 910 (87cc).

That was one of the very last "pure" Jonsereds (along with the 510 and 410), intodused in 1979, and replaced by Husky/Partner influenced models about 1982.

It is a cool saw, that should be well worth fixing! :)

thanks

It sounds like it is worth saving. Sorry about the pics. The first pics were to big(1.3mb), so these are email versions. Is there a certain format i should be using to make them bigger?

Is that a decomp valve on the top?

It is a piece of junk. I would be happy to take it off your hands and prevent any future headaches. :cheers:

Could also be a 670 Super or even a 630, but Troll's probably right and it's a 910 with that full wrap.

Could also be a 670 Super or even a 630, but Troll's probably right and it's a 910 with that full wrap.

Decomp valve on top of the cylinder is a dead ringer for either a 90 or 910, but this is definitely a 910. Troll beat me to it, story of my life.

Thanks for the offer plant, but i think i'll give her a go. With a little work she should run pretty hard. And yes that is a decomp valve on top. thanks again Erik

Gotta be a 910. That rear handle design is so different than the 920. Did they even make full wrap handles for saws as small as the 510?

Right!

..and it can't be a 90 or 801, as the recoil side is very different + some.....:)

...the 90 sure looks cooler, but the 910 probably is a better saw! :)

I have the 910.

The pic's given leaves a bit to desire...

I can't tell much from them, but it does not have the same starter as mine that is for sure!
The proporsions don't look right on it either and I cant find position of the bar oil refill.

The pic's can have fooled me, but it does not look right!

Jonsered910_.jpg

It could be a 910... Hard to tell....
This I have has now a full wrap and a 920 muffler.

OH. If it is a 910... Meassure the bore!
There is a few 100cc out there too...

Back