Help me ID this wood?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stihl Sawing.... I had to rep ya for going through the trouble to take and post the pictures.You are right man,the look the same but the giveaway for me was the bark laying on the ground.I throw arm fulls or that in the heater and watch it smoke up the neighborhood.:popcorn:

Stihl Sawing.... I had to rep ya for going through the trouble to take and post the pictures.You are right man,the look the same but the giveaway for me was the bark laying on the ground.I throw arm fulls or that in the heater and watch it smoke up the neighborhood.:popcorn:
I sure do thank ya, I figured it was the splinters, sweetgums just rips aprt in big chunks. After you split a bunch of it you have enough kindlin for the year. The greener it is the bigger the chunks ripping off.

Yooper, I love Ironwood (Eastern Hophornbeam) We have that here also, tough as hell to split, burns hotter than coal. But this wood was not it.

Latest posts

Back