Help me pick my next Husky.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Banshee

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I now have the Husky 272xp, 372xp, 288xp, 395xp 2100cd and the 3120xp. I have a 262xp on the way (maybe).

I'm coming close to completing my wish list on Huskies. So give me some ideas on what Huskies I should look for next.

Keep in mind I don't like small saws and I want it have a legendary Husky rep.

Sounds like you need a 346ne to me. Apparently it does not know it is a small saw. I have not run one, but alot of guys I respect on here speak well of it. Definately has a legendary reputation.

I have, or had, all those saws and a 346 is missing from your lineup. It is a small saw but professional grade. When you use it you will see what I mean. I do not intend on geting rid of mine.

Why don't you try to find the ever elusive 298xp....I've wanted one for a while now.

I'd get an L77.

attachment.php

Sounds like you need a 346ne to me. Apparently it does not know it is a small saw.

I have, or had, all those saws and a 346 is missing from your lineup. It is a small saw but professional grade. When you use it you will see what I mean. I do not intend on geting rid of mine.

ne346xp. No question.

Do you see a theme here?:) You NEED a 346 and just don't know it. It does not know it's a small saw. Seriously, you need to run one for yourself.

How about a 390XP? I've considered selling mine. It's already ported too:)

except for breaking your hand while stating it, i say try a 2100. i have a muffler modded 2100cd, and it sounds like a beast from the bowls of hell....had a thin ring piston, but previous owner screwed up thin skirt too bad..still haqve the rings. guess that's good for somethng..anyways..i like the 2100, good hand placement and actaually kinda light for the power, just loud and vibes are killer!!!!!!

With a line up like that, I dont see how you could need anything else. lol. But if you added a 346,359,385,and a 390. I think thats bout all you would ever need.

What about a 480? I dont know anything about them, but did see one for sale a while back

The 346xp just doesn't do anything for me. But I've never ran one either. I think I rather have the 242xp, if I was going to go small.

If I ever come across a decent priced 394xp or 371xp I think I'd be tempted.

I would be interested in your 390xp Brad. I've always wanted one of your saws and I've always wanted a 390xp. 2 birds with 1 stone sort of speak. We'll have to talk, but right now I have to wait a few weeks due to my last saw purchase. And I'm getting ready to buy a Poulan 330.

Latest posts

Back