Help! Need Jonsered part

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doc874

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Anyone know where i can find a Jonsered 490 piston or perhaps another setup might work on that saw? My saw stopped in the cut but still had lots of spark and fuel supply soi pulledthe muffler and there the ugly streaks stared back at me so now the piston is toast but the cylinder is good. I'd love to repair this if possible its been a great saw thats been in my family for awhile. Thanks for any help. I scouted fleabay but to no avail.

Doc,

You can also use a Partner 500/5000 series piston and rings although the Jonnie might be the easiest too find. There's a couple guy on the site who can probably hook you up. Lawnmower Tech for one, comes too mind for hard too find parts.:cheers:

Doc,

You can also use a Partner 500/5000 series piston and rings although the Jonnie might be the easiest too find. There's a couple guy on the site who can probably hook you up. Lawnmower Tech for one, comes too mind for hard too find parts.:cheers:

Thanks for the assistance. This one is like a family heirloom so i gotta fix'er.

Back