Help on buying saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orange Wedge

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Home owner saw: Husky 350 16"
Pro saw : Husky 346xp 16"

just my 2 cents worth...

Welcome and do not forget saftey equipment.

My experience

MS260 pro

The Husky 346 XP just doesn't oil worth a crap. I've used 2 and both had the same problem.

for me it depends on what u going to do.. the 026 or the 10 lbs [theres several good ones out there. if most of your work is cutting up firewood ilean toward an 12 lb,, similar to the 028 or 55 rancher saw.. if a lot of your work, is clean up ,,limbing and such.. the 10 lb saws with the same power but made for somebody thats gonna reach with it all day.. i have both and love my barbed wire 028 .. [really an 962 olympyk] but feel like home to me.. i stayed in it,, showing off the other day and dang if that exstra 2 lbs didnt slip up on me..this aint the time for me to not be able to work.. good luck..

sorry boys the 346 hands down , with 3/8 chain on it
they are just like the bunny they keep going an going

I must agree with Ed, the 346xp (to do over I would get the G model) is hard to beat. I run a 16'' b/c on mine with .325 pitch.

If you're going to have only 1 saw to use I think the 357XP is the top of the class.It's lite enough to use on the floppers/smaller cuts and not wear you out and plenty of power for the bigger cuts.It will cost a little more than the saws mentioned but in my opinion worth every penny of the additional cost.It's about a 3.5 cubic inch saw.

Rick

The Husky 346 XP just doesn't oil worth a crap. I've used 2 and both had the same problem.

I have never had this problem with mine and I have ran the dog poop out of it.... Sometimes I do run a 20'' bar ....most of the time I run a 14" with 72LG have not had a oil problem.
Nothing against the 026 their a good saw just more cash and I haven't figured out why.

dang ,,thats a pretty set up..thats where its at .. i would agree.. i almost broke puter screen,, trying to grab it an go to woods....:)

I have had customers complain about the lack of oiling on the new Jonsered and Husvarna mid sized saws (346, 350, etc.). I run them and don't have a problem. But some do. Anyway, You can replace the oiler pump piston with the one that is for the 2159, 359 and it is supposed to increase oil output by 25%. The oil tank should empty before the fuel tank. I put one in for a chronic complainer a couple weeks ago and he hasn't come back since.
Worth a try,
Stevie

Hi songercarving, would you have the part number for the oiler pump piston that is for the 2159, 359 that you mentioned? I would love to give it a try. Thanks Dave

DA I broke my monitor trying to load a log in the stove.
I like the 346XP I don't have a problem with the oiler on the 3 that I own. Although the one that has the pipe Dan Henry used a 372 oiler to insure plenty of flow. I have a variety of bars 12,14,16 and 18 but I feel the 16 suites me with 3/8ths square ground chain. I had the 12 incher made for my well I don't know but it was one of those things I had to have.

But then again what do I know.

Tony,
Glad you liked the pic. of the saw. It is a real good saw strong runner.
But at this time I would like to introduce Lamberts worst nightmare

John,
I hope your dreams are this!!!!!!!!! LOL
Lets get it on....... as MM would say Clubs up !!!

Why not a Husky 55 Rancher? Great all arounder. Can be bought for a reasonable price, as can a Dolmar PS-540. ( excellent power/weight) A tad bigger than 3 cu, but so what?

Dan Henry shipped my 2nd 346XP the other day. Can hardly wait for it to arrive. The first one he sent got returned to him by the USPS minus the saw and my address label. Is the 3/8 pitch chain better for the 346XP than .325??

Koa,

If you do not mind me asking how did that work out. The saw was gone but they returned the box to Dan ? What happened then. I have had some bad experiences with shipping also.

Bill

Bill
I don't think that package ever made it out of the lower 48. I had it returned to me in 5 working days. I had the smashed box with a good bar,chain,tool kit and the manual. I have an idea that one of the employees, saw the Husky box, helped himself to the saw and smashed the box to make it look good.
I did file a claim for the power head but didn't get any money yet, they are always slow about paying.
Both UPS and USPS have damaged saw for me. Most of the time they just loose the bars. I now tape all the bars and chains to the inside of the box.
Later
Dan

Last edited:
Dan,

I have had basically everything related to a saw lost. USPS takes 6 months to pay out on claims above about $50. I had $300 of insurance on an item that I had a receipt for over $400on. They totally lost it and took over 6 months to pat out $255, UPS only pays to the shipper. This makes some dishonest guys poorly pack items. I had a guy poorly pack a saw. The bar was lost. I called UPS and told them. Since he was the shipper I believe they paid him. He claimed he never heard from UPS. Not only did he screw me on shipping but he also made more money be poorly packing the saw. As for USPS they just deliver empty packages that are suppose to contain 36" bars and chains.

On a different note drop me a line about a new 346 or 357. I may be able to shake loose some money. I see you changed your ebay ID from dozerdan to dolmardan. Are the Husky's on the way out ? Also I am looking for a small crawler so if you know of one let me know. It needs to be D3 to D5 size, 6 way blade and preferrably with a winch and PTO. I actually do not know if anyone ever made one with both a winch and a seperate PTO. A older IH TD-7 would be perfect. We sold our ancient small machine and need to replace it.

Bill
email at [email protected]

Bill
It usually take me about a month for UPS to pay me. USPS seems to be a little faster on payment.
The shipper does have to file the claim with UPS but it is his choice as to who receives the insurance payment.
Ebay made me change my user ID,you cant use your email address anymore and I used [email protected]. I tried to use just the dozerdan but somebody already had that user name. What are the odds of that? So I when with dolmardan.

both a winch and a separate PTO

Good question, I never saw one with that combo but I will look around for you. Can I ship it with UPS if I find one?

I will send you some prices.
Later
Dan

Latest posts

Back