Help w/ a jonsered 630

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kallaste

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My jonsered 630 starts and idles fine.However when I try to cut with it it has a definate lack of power and bogs. Also when I rev the saw out of the cut, the saw will rev high for about 5 seconds and then start to die unless you let off of the throttle. I have opened the high side adjustment on the carb and the problem gets somewhat better with the dieing, but then the saw becomes a total dog. I also have used fresh mix and seafoam but the problem persists. Can anyone help?

Thanks Steve

My jonsered 630 starts and idles fine.However when I try to cut with it it has a definate lack of power and bogs. Also when I rev the saw out of the cut, the saw will rev high for about 5 seconds and then start to die unless you let off of the throttle. I have opened the high side adjustment on the carb and the problem gets somewhat better with the dieing, but then the saw becomes a total dog. I also have used fresh mix and seafoam but the problem persists. Can anyone help?

Thanks Steve

Sounds like a lean problem. Check the fuel line for cracks. Replace fuel filter, rebuild carb. If condition still persists, then you may have an air leak somewhere else.

Sounds like a lean problem. Check the fuel line for cracks. Replace fuel filter, rebuild carb. If condition still persists, then you may have an air leak somewhere else.

+1 Check the easy things first. Replace the fuel line, filter, and carb kit will run you close to $20. All things you can do yourself.

If that doesn't work, you probably have bad crank seals. If it is the original fuel line, my guess is that it is cracked.

Sounds like a piece of cr@p... Best to just give it to me... I'll pay shipping. ;)

Seriously, it does sound like a lean condition as previously stated. Also, make sure you aren't sucking air from somewhere. I've seen bad carb diaphragms act similar to what you describe too.

+1 Check the easy things first. Replace the fuel line, filter, and carb kit will run you close to $20. All things you can do yourself.

If that doesn't work, you probably have bad crank seals. If it is the original fuel line, my guess is that it is cracked.

And do the intake gaskets while you are in there.:cheers:

++++ Lean Lean Lean Yup Yup Yup... Sorry I have been watching the land before time with my 2yo son all day :)

The other thing to check is the tank vent. If the carb cannot draw gas its going to lean out and bog. The way to check this is to open the cap and see what kind of pressure or vacuum exists. Try running it with it laying over on its side with the cap open a little and see what happens. You will know in five minutes if its the vent because all your symptoms will go away.

Best wishes,
Bob

i went to his house today to help him split wood but we got rained out. so we went to the shop and started a teardown. he had all new gaskets,seals,line and filter. i took the carb apart and cleaned the inlet screen in the carb because it looked as if the fuel line was rotting away and getting in the screen. then put in the new line and filter. then put the carb back on and it started. after a carb tune it runs like a champ!! so we have a carb kit on hand if and when it goes..

Back