help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
question

I still don't understand why, if it's one piece that's damaged, the GC wants the entire deck replaced. I've done my share of bluestone patio work and it's easy to cut with the right blade (diamond) and a circular saw.

Ekka said:
Ouch, sometimes just leaving a saw on sandstone sucks, they dribble bar oil out and STAINED.

I always leave them on the grass or in the garden, and fuel up where spills dont matter.

Hard to keep your eye on everything though.

Good luck. Be a bugger if you have to fork out for it. :cry:
yea i doubt they filled em on deck i think its dribs too, hey dats why we got ins. thanks

Kate Butler said:
I still don't understand why, if it's one piece that's damaged, the GC wants the entire deck replaced. I've done my share of bluestone patio work and it's easy to cut with the right blade (diamond) and a circular saw.
punch list padding while waiting for fixtures and such to be delivered

TopJimmy said:
Just curious how you came out on this?

Jim
Homeowner playing games with check( i think the mailman already took it or I'll be back in hour) I got degreaser from the store but there on vacation while im out 4k for two 45.00 bluestones, anyhow ill keep ya posted when its done j

Hard stuff to work with, but Acetone does numbers when cleaning concrete, that or Muriatic acid. Either one is really wicked stuff so make sure proper ppe is used. I am not sure though, whether the stone would remain blue...is this a dyed stone or naturally blue? If there is any type of dye involved both of these products will leave it white. Probably not an applicable solution in that case.

jmack said:
Homeowner playing games with check( i think the mailman already took it or I'll be back in hour) I got degreaser from the store but there on vacation while im out 4k for two 45.00 bluestones, anyhow ill keep ya posted when its done j

put a lien on the house... call a few contractors to get estimates to repair the damage ,, at least three,, take a lot of pictures!!! send a certified letter saying your willing to make it right, with your contractor, from a lawyer... then take it to small claims court!!!!! mistakes happen,, you fix them.....you don't get held hostage by a scum bag customer!!!!!!! you put a lien on the house,, that will get someones attention... go in front of a judge,,, admit a mistake,, show a good effort to rectify the problem,, backed by several estimates, and photos... judge will give you your money less reasonable repair costs...

Kate Butler said:
customer probablly picked it, then doen't like how it turned out...wants some thing else...now they have a easy out... " my deck is ruined"

works on concrete/stone

jmack said:
hey every body, the guys filled saws on a brand new bluestone deck leaving stains we scrubbed the h out of it then went back with bleach and repeated, the gc said the mfing deck has to be replaced any tips, suggestions, recommendations, rude remarks??? j

ZEP super cleaner, wet stone, lightly sprinkle on ZEP and wait a miniute, brush it around with a broom and let set a few more miniutes then rinse. They use ZEP around the pumps at truck stops to clean up after spills and the concrete looks like new. It is for cleaning up gas/oil spills. you can buy it in 5 gallon containers and it looks like yellow soap crystals. Easy to use.

Back