Helped my friend with firewood today.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josh1981

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Got up at 830 got ready loaded saws (ms180C and 361), stihl sh85 blower, wedges, few other things and was at his house 945. We headed up to Canton GA from Cumming, GA (30-35 min drive) to guys house. Big HICKORY tree from Craigslist (free). went through one chain on 361 (stihl RSC) and 1 on 180 (woodland pro). Chains on them now need touchup. But still sharp. Vehicles are my friends toyota tacoma LX 2wd, my toyota corolla with trailer. We used a log splitter to split them. I had to use my 361 on a few of them to split. So hard splitter couldnt do it!

Pictures.

Friends truck. Half way through splitting BIG Pieces.
DennisTacomawithfirewood.jpg

My trailer with wood. We just used the saws to shorten the pieces up.
Mycarandtrailerwithfirewoodandstihl.jpg

My stihl MS180C Muff. Mod. and 361 stock.
stihlms180Candms361.jpg

My friends log splitter. 8HP.
Dennislogsplitter.jpg

Cozy fire.
Dennisfireplace.jpg

My friend burns wood every year as heat instead of furnace. He only turned it on once this year. Maybe twice. I am glad to help him out. He is a great friend. We will be cutting a lot more this year so more pictures later.

All pictures taken with sony cybershot camera. 10.1 Megapixels.

Looks like you had a productive day!

I do have a question though, it looks like the stove is a little close to some combustibles? It's a little dark in there to see it well, just making an observation.

That is rep-able!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Awesome!!!!!
Keep the pics coming!!!!!!!!! And keep cutting!!!

Is that right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that Toyota pulling a trailer!!!:bowdown:

Looks like the my neon that won't die will be getting a reese!!!!!

My truck is addicted to gas!:mad:

So close

Next time you need to invite me!!!

I live in Gainesville and would love to get out and cut / split with some fellow AS'ers.

Looks like you had a productive day!

I do have a question though, it looks like the stove is a little close to some combustibles? It's a little dark in there to see it well, just making an observation.

Exactly what I was going to say!

Otherwise, great stuff & wow, I didnt know you could even safely put a hitch on a tercel, let alone pull a trailer full of wood with the thing!

Is that right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that Toyota pulling a trailer!!!:bowdown:

Looks like the my neon that won't die will be getting a reese!!!!!

My truck is addicted to gas!:mad:

Get a diesel. Fuel cost more but the mileage is much better and then it wont have a gas addiction. I just made a 400 mile round trip pullin 12k and averaged 13 mpg.

Ho Teddy scout. Yes 2006 corolla le automatic pulling a trailer. Didn't even struggle with it. I have hauled bigger with it too. It just works.

I do need a truck eventually though.

Dbsport I sent you a pm

Big HICKORY tree from Craigslist (free).
So you're the dirty competition...Just kidding. Cumming too far to drive for firewood. Now milling logs are a different story

My friend burns wood every year as heat instead of furnace. He only turned it on once this year. Maybe twice.

How he get away with only two? Been pretty cold this year. I just got a wood stove for the garage so will be working on a pile this year.

NIce haul.

Get a diesel. Fuel cost more but the mileage is much better and then it wont have a gas addiction. I just made a 400 mile round trip pullin 12k and averaged 13 mpg.

I own 2 trucks now a firewood deliverer, and a at home beater.
The wife wants me to get a newer truck! NO!!!!!!!!!!! I said!

Well after realizing that arguing is futile, we compromised.

We started to look for a 1970-78 chevy(gmc) c-20 OR ford f-250 4X4.
It has to be clean and original or stock, no modds or trick out type.

We have had fun looking for the past 2-3 months. A couple road trips and evenings spent looking, but nobody is parting with them gems!!

So you're the dirty competition...Just kidding. Cumming too far to drive for firewood. Now milling logs are a different story

How he get away with only two? Been pretty cold this year. I just got a wood stove for the garage so will be working on a pile this year.

NIce haul.

Well its cool actually. He has a wood burner. WHat he did was put a fan on it, connect it to his A/C and heater vents through entire house. He also has his a/c and furnace on there. SO it acts like the furnce heat but a lot cheaper.

What I pay for heat over 200 last month he pay little over 100. Not bad for some cutting going to get wood and gas.

where in atlanta r u? Gwinett county here.

Well its cool actually. He has a wood burner. WHat he did was put a fan on it, connect it to his A/C and heater vents through entire house. He also has his a/c and furnace on there. SO it acts like the furnce heat but a lot cheaper.

What I pay for heat over 200 last month he pay little over 100. Not bad for some cutting going to get wood and gas.

where in atlanta r u? Gwinett county here.

I misunderstood. I thought you were saying he only used heat twice. I get it was the furnace only twice. I understand those costs. Mine are over $300. Thats why I got the woodstove and I hope to set it up with an intake to the ducting as well.

I'm in Douglasville. I browse CL for milling logs. Firewood is easy to come by. (when not in the burning season that is) There is a huge poplar log just around from the subdivision I can get as much as I want when I get a chance.

Very easy to get off season. I'll be setting up like my friend when I get my new house. I'll be in country and acerage.

Tell me you don't have rules and regulations in your subdivision.

Is there a lot of wood out there.

We should get a meet going.

I'll tell you what. I got a meet Saturday already planned. It is for a slightly different hobby,(knifemaking/blacksmithing) but your welcome to come on down and enjoy a little BS.

Might even be able to get a BIG poplar if your interested. We just gotta share some wood for the sweet old couple whose yard its in. Check your PM.

Latest posts

Back