Heres a steal on a 6401

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I asked him this.....

Do you have an actual picture of the saw you are selling? I see you have several listed, are you willing to part with one at the $205 that most HD sell them to the public for?

LMAO
yeah, I asked him the same thing too. $800? really? no one tell my dealer!
-Ralph

Did he reply to any of you? lolz

lol, as a matter of fact, yes, he did
-Ralph

Item: MAKITA DOLMAR DCS6401 20'' CHAINSAW NEW CHAIN CARLTON (270110571157)
This message was sent while the listing was active.
ch035 is the seller.

These tools belong to me and have been personally mainted by me. Every one comes with a new blade, air filter and spark plug and has been tested. Look for pics soon.

lol, as a matter of fact, yes, he did
-Ralph

Item: MAKITA DOLMAR DCS6401 20'' CHAINSAW NEW CHAIN CARLTON (270110571157)
This message was sent while the listing was active.
ch035 is the seller.

These tools belong to me and have been personally mainted by me. Every one comes with a new blade, air filter and spark plug and has been tested. Look for pics soon.

Heres what I got...

pictures will be posted shortly. These tools belong to me and have been personally mainted by me. Every one comes with a new blade, air filter and spark plug and has been tested by a qualified individual (me). The price stands, thanks for your interest good luck and look for pics soon.

Heres what I got...

pictures will be posted shortly. These tools belong to me and have been personally mainted by me. Every one comes with a new blade, air filter and spark plug and has been tested by a qualified individual (me). The price stands, thanks for your interest good luck and look for pics soon.

Ask him "What is the diameter of the blade"

Hes certainly not hiding the fact that these were rental saws, or that they came from HD. I wonder what HD headquarters would think about having ex rental equipment being sold on Ebay with the rather obvious association still being made to HD.

In any event, I shot him off a reply to my reply....

Good luck to you. A new 7900/7901 goes for $600.

But... he's a POWER SELLER... he must be selling the truth! :laugh:

Not to mention, this saw has the advantage of being Pre-broken-in, you are paying someone elses's time/labor for performing this valuable service for you.:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

So does this mean we should be buying saws at HD for 205 and then insta-flipping them on ebay to make 125 a pop???? This is tempting ... where's the catch? Someone :help:

eBay has created a new generation of bounty hunters who make a living doing exactly this sort of thing. This guy actually seems a little more legit than most of them, who haven't a bloody clue about what they're selling. All they know is what folks on eBay seem willing to pay for something as-is.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

So does this mean we should be buying saws at HD for 205 and then insta-flipping them on ebay to make 125 a pop???? This is tempting ... where's the catch? Someone :help:

BY THE TIME YOU GO GET IT GAS AND TROUBLE, PAY TAX ON IT, TAKE PHOTOS, MIND THE LISTING, SELL IT, HOPE YOU GET A GOOD BUYER, GET YOUR MONEY,,,, PAY EBAY THEIR PORTION, PACKAGE IT,, I THINK YOUR 125.00 IS NOT REALLY THERE..... YOU WOULD MAKE SOME MONEY BUT,,,,, I DONT HAVE THAT MUCH TIME I GOT ONE FOR 205 AND WHEN I GET TIME IM GONNA MAKE A 7900 OUT OF IT JUST,,,,,WELL,,,,, BECAUSE ITS THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THA POINT CASEY WAS MAKING WAS THE DUDE WAS LISTING THE SAW AS AN 800.00 VALUE WHEN NEW,,, :monkey: OF COURSE ITS AROUND 600.00 DROVE OUT THE DOOR,,,,,,,,,,,
:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: SO I SUPPOSE THERE IS A CATCH!!!! LOL

Like Precaud mentioned, lots of people are doing just that.

The seller I listed seems to have listed the saw @ the price he paid for it, and hoped it would get bid on. It worked. Especially if he has no need or attachemnt to the item.

I did something similar with a musical keyboard I found at a garage sale. Sold it for 25x what I paid for it.

Latest posts

Back