HEY BOB! What's steel, sharp. . .

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can just use mild steel. . . If you really want to use carbon steel, that's okay too.

I hear the competition boards are clear Spruce -- good flex I guess?

Elm, Nate them damned spruce 2x4's break if ya stretch the span out past 2 ft, of course that could just be us gravitationally challenged people!:laugh:

You can just use mild steel. . . If you really want to use carbon steel, that's okay too.

I hear the competition boards are clear Spruce -- good flex I guess?

My large um... yeah, and flexible boards are a very intertaining proposition...:eek2:

I literally have a pile of Med-high carbon steel for making knives and whatnot, so if yer gonna go big...

Yes I am saying I'm fat...

Elm, Nate them damned spruce 2x4's break if ya stretch the span out past 2 ft, of course that could just be us gravitationally challenged people!:laugh:

You're probably right.

I thought the same thing when I heard Spruce. But, if it's clear, it can bend a long ways before snap-ola. I know they're spruce in a good chunk of AK, cause that's all they got! LOL

Like Randy said, DF is tough as nails and would work real nice.

My large um... yeah, and flexible boards are a very intertaining proposition...:eek2:

I literally have a pile of Med-high carbon steel for making knives and whatnot, so if yer gonna go big...

Yes I am saying I'm fat...

Well, if yer gonna rock out the forging, make a square drift fer the mounting holes too! :rock:

You're probably right.

I thought the same thing when I heard Spruce. But, if it's clear, it can bend a long ways before snap-ola. I know they're spruce in a good chunk of AK, cause that's all they got! LOL

Like Randy said, DF is tough as nails and would work real nice.

Is that what the tree jacks are for, holding up the other end of the spring boards?:laugh:
They look good by the way.

Last edited:
Hey Nate, those look nice. I made a board a couple of years ago never used it though. Not quite as purdy though!

Pretty crude I know, but I think it would get the job done. There have been several chances, mostly on double stemmed trees that I had to split apart. I always end up rippin em instead. The board is a 2x6 by about 4'. I'd make it a little nicer if I made it now. Just threw er together one night when I planned to use it the next day. Its been in my garage ever since. Now that I've got it in mind I've got the itch to use it. I'll be looking for a canidate tomorrow probably.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

View attachment 285285
View attachment 285286
View attachment 285287

Aw hell Bitz, that ain't that bad looking fer a quick throw together model!

Hope ya get to use it today, that'd make fer some neat video or at least you can tell us how it worked. :)

why the spring boards ? got some big trees to take down ? i just milled some doug fir ,one of the trees had real tight grains on the edge ,made some nice vert grain boards no knots

if your selling these id be interested in 2 of them like in the pictures just posted

Oops, I meant the other Brian (Cedarkerf). LOL

But hey, I'm game if you are! :laugh:

I'll be right back, check in here in about 30 minutes. :msp_smile:

Okay boys! How bout a shoe that was shaped like a roller bar or sprocket tip?

Pretty classy huh?
:msp_biggrin:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back