Hey guys...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Big Hurt

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
For those of you who even remember me, I havent been on in a while. For anyone that cares, my business has picked up in recent weeks and I went ahead and started to do some mulching and it has been fairly profitable. Anything to pay the bills. Well I just wanted to say hi and keep on workin fellas!

Barry

Hey Hurt, good to see you back.

I wanted to ask you if you're using pine needle mulch, and if so what are they getting for a bale now?

Hey Oak,
I cant say that I am using Pine Needle mulch. I have never heard it requested before or for that matter have ever dealt with it. Most people want the cypress mulch or pine bark mulch.

It was a big hit in South Carolina. Couple years ago it went for 2-3.50 a bale.

I was thinking about getting an east Texas rancher to rake and bale some and test the market here. Could you ask around, maybe your outlet for bark mulch and see what they can get it for?

Thanks.

Welcome back by the way

Welcome back Barry. BTW..Why do you call yourself The Big Hurt? If the answer isn't for public consumption feel free to send me a Personal message-or just tell me it's none of my business.:)

Pine needle bales are $4. here in N FL. Cypress is used much more commonly, but some landscapers do use the needles, It can look pretty good.
Greg

Hey Mike,
I sent you an email about my friend in WI. I tried to send you a PM but your box is full! Clean that stuff out man.

Stumper,
My name is The Big Hurt because my favorite baseball player is Frank Thomas on the Chicago WHitesox and his nickname is The Big Hurt. I have always liked the name so I figured why not use it on the board.

Thanks BH. I suspect that your handle and Florida location are the reasons so many people thought you were Forrest in a new incarnation at first.

Yeah thats fine as long as everyone understands that I am not him by now. It kinda sucked gettin flamed when I first got here with people thinking I am this guy. I figured I would have seen him around thess parts with his new business and all and he is just a 15 minute drive on I-95 south of me. Guess things arent going so well for him or he just decided to quit.

Actually, he had said something about starting in Orlando. I haven't seen or heard anything, and I mentioned him to the guy at Vermeer (Sherrill) who hasn't seen him either. Darin blocked his I.P. address so he cannot sign in here, he can only view everything as a guest.
Hopefully he will slow his butt down a little and learn from others who have 'been there done that' before he kills himself or someone else. That still won't address his totally irritating personality, though.

Oh maybe thats why I havent seen him. I remember him saying something about Daytona but I guess he is doing the Orlando thing. Irritating personality?......Oh NOW I know why I was mistaken for him:rolleyes: :D

Latest posts

Back