Hi. My name is Mark, and I'm a woodaholic.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like coming here to realize that I am not the only one. My wife thinks I am obsessive about wood and chainsaws.

Thanks to everyone here that makes me feel normal.

When I took this pic I said to my wife, "gee honey, I don't know what I love more. You or that black cherry log your sitting on." Good thing she has a sense of humor.
That log is cut, back home, and being split up tomorrow with some maple.
She helps a little with the hauling and stacking too.

cherryliz.jpg

KevandLiz.jpg

Kevin

Wood ####

My wife sees my Bailey's, Labonville, Northern, Stihl, Husqvarna, and Central Boiler catalogs all over the house and on occasion asks me to not leave my "Wood P-0-R-N" all over the place as the children might see it :help:

Wood Whorders !!!!

An appropriate name for you folks might be, "WOOD WHORDERS". Myself? well I like to think it's all about the heat (obvious denial) yeah the heat that's it....it ends there.....no really !!!! :biggrinbounce2:

My wife sees my Bailey's, Labonville, Northern, Stihl, Husqvarna, and Central Boiler catalogs all over the house and on occasion asks me to not leave my "Wood P-0-R-N" all over the place as the children might see it :help:

I got my Bailey's catalog in a few days ago. My wife brought it to me yesterday and said that there was something in there that I needed to get. She showed me a picture of the Peltor Lumberjack Helmet System.

I think she wants me to stay healthy so I can cut her some more wood.

I guess it's the holiday weekends when I get back to working on the wood. This past week I started moving the wood I cut on Memorial day up to the racks by the house.
Now I can just walk out the basement patio door and get a fix.

Some black cherry.Love this stuff.

housestack.jpg

I also split up the stuff that I cut on the Forth of July, the last couple days.
All by hand with the Fiskar axe. My neighbor stopped over and reminded me that his splitter is there to use. I enjoy the exercise of hand splitting, but will save the killers for that.

Three piles split today. Good maple left front pile. Should be a good burner. Right center pile is maple, but punky and some rot. It was a dead standing tree that looked good, but when it hit the ground it exploded. Lot of wood pecker holes and carpenter ants. I salvaged what I could and put borax on it to help get rid of the ants. Supposed to work per a thread on here.
The pile in the back is the last of the black cherry. Thats the log my wife was sitting on in my earlier post on this thread.

threepiles.jpg

The Fiskars super splitter axe. I like the light weight and short handle. I'm short so it works for me.

fiskars.jpg

Had a visitor while I was inside eating lunch. A lot of apples this year so they'll be coming around for a while. The wood in the racks was the stuff I split this spring. Not sure what kind of wood it is, but it's the toughest crap I ever worked on. I quartered most of it with the chainsaw, then split with the axe or neighbors splitter. Rough going.

deerwood.jpg

I don't know how many times today I took a sniff of the wood or checked the grain. Wooooooooo

All in all, a real good day.

Kevin

Well, Mark

I've always known you guys from the east side of the Valley were different but....this thread takes the cake! Thanks for a good laugh!..I :givebeer: need one!

As soon as I get back from checking out this "free firewood" CL advertisement, I'm going to have a few choice words of admonishment for the depravity displayed here by those of you with such a lack of will power you've got to blame your weakness on an "addiction". If this guy really does have 3 huge oak trees that he needs to have removed it may take me a few days to get around to posting about how sick you all make me but you can just stand by because it's coming.

Provided that my wife really does let me get a new saw this week your literary lashing will come just that much sooner. I stihl haven't decided which new saw to get but if she'll just let me stretch my spending limit another $50-$75-$100 I'll be on you sorry addicts like white on rice on a paper plate in a snowstorm. Do any of you guys have a recommendation for a good saw?

You guys are lucky I'm getting ready to leave work for the day or else I'd lay into you right now, but if I don't get on the road right away someone else might snake my "free" firewood and then I'd really have to give you degenerates a what for.

I got my Bailey's catalog in a few days ago. My wife brought it to me yesterday and said that there was something in there that I needed to get. She showed me a picture of the Peltor Lumberjack Helmet System.

I think she wants me to stay healthy so I can cut her some more wood.

Smart and caring wife. You should be happy to have her.

I too have a problem. My Husky goes with me wherever I go. Just in case. Took it last weekend Canoeing. No one goes down that stretch of river and she saw a lot of rooster tails of the water kind. Got her home and nursed her back to health. I always have the husky, mix, and oil in the truck. :greenchainsaw: Most of the time the husky rides shotgun.

I just realized tonight that I've been keeping my gear and saws in my truck for the last 2 weeks "just in case"...

:dizzy:

I guess it's the holiday weekends when I get back to working on the wood. This past week I started moving the wood I cut on Memorial day up to the racks by the house.
Now I can just walk out the basement patio door and get a fix.

Some black cherry.Love this stuff.
Kevin

Holy crap Vangellis...you are the master of your domain!

Please do me a personal flavor and use some of that cherry for barbecue!!

Yeah, I am happy with her but I'm also good to her. I just bought her a Woods 72" rear mount finish mower today. :D

Got a Woods 7200 Brush Bull a couple of weeks ago, but you must be smarter than me because my wife won't even turn the key on the Kubota let alone run a cutter or a scraper.

Latest posts

Back