"High Altitude Jets"

• Thread starter Deleted member 27831
  • Start date
Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Deleted member 27831

I'm looking at a used saw to purchase online and it says its been outfitted with "high altitude jets" I don't know much about the inner workings of an engine, but I'm assuming these are bits in the carburator, perhaps they spray the fuel into the cylinder?

Anyway, my question is, if I buy this saw for use at near sea level (1000 ft +/- 300ft) will I need to have these removed and replaced and how big of a job is that? Looks like a good deal on the saw, but not if its going to require a lot of work right away.

What type of saw is it? Generally you will need less fuel at higher altitude and the jets control the amount coming through the carb. Without knowing the type and brand of saw, it's tough to say what kind of job it's going to be to change.

They are not yanking your chain. One of the carbs that came on the 260 had no high screw. It had a fixed jet within the carburetor and there was a high altitude version of the jet. The standard fixed jet is part # 1120 121 5600 . It's an easy swap.

Latest posts

Back