Holiday Sales

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we've got one on the shelf now, we sold three of them from jan 09 to march 09 and now this one has been here since then, i did notice that well be needing a new display board from stihl. We updated our dispalys to the newest style last fall I think it was, but so many people have tried to look at that saw and now the bottom shelf is all scratched and just looks like :censored: As far as working at a stihl dealership goes, it's great we sell alot of equipment, last year we moved over 250K of stihl product and as of Nov 08 to Nov 09 were up another 13% from this time last year, We don't have alot of competition around here since there isn's a husky dealer within 40 min drive, there are two echo dealers but were in stihl country. There are a few other stihl dealers within a 20 min drive but non even bother to drop to our pricing. In another month or two I have to go to Midwest STIHL to renew my gold certification for another 3 years...

Cool beans, sounds like you guys are doing a awesome job there. 13% up is way way way way better than the national average, wayyyyyyyyy better. I'm down abit from last year as is most all of us. You guys are rocking and rolling baby, good job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do you find out if there is an elite dealer near you? If I could get the 361 with a 16" bar for $520, I would want a case, 24" bar and chain also for big work.

micky

In Norway a stihl MS361 costs 1140 US dollars(1US=5,7NOK). Stop complaining kids :).

to locate a elite dealer go to www.stihlusa.com and go under dealer locater and type in your zip code, scroll down the list and find a dealer with gold wrench symbol- means factory certified tech(highest training) and then look for a black and gold badge stating elite status..... Not all elite dealers will be as apt to deal though we just like to see people dump their poulans/jonsreds/ and huskies..... not that there's anything wrong with those saws it's just that there isn't a dealer for these with out a 40 min drive. We got roped into being a warrenty center for the poulan and poulan pro but very rarley fix them... most often a repair qoute goes with the owner to the place of purchase for an even exchange when the cost of the parts/labor exceeds 75% value.

In Norway a stihl MS361 costs 1140 US dollars(1US=5,7NOK). Stop complaining kids :).

Hello Dynasty

If you are looking for a good deal check out Makita(the equivalents of Dolmar) in the UK. Due to the weak Britsh Pound & no taxes between european countries you can get a very good deal on chainsaws there at the moment. And shipping costs are very low also. I paid 2/5 less for my Makita 5001(~Dolmar 5000) including shipping than I would have had to pay here in Austria(We have 20%Tax!).
http://www.lawson-his.co.uk/scripts/products.php?cat=Petrol%20Chainsaws%20Makita
or
http://www.toolchestdirect.com/petrol-products/petrol-chainsaws/

Hello Dynasty

If you are looking for a good deal check out Makita(the equivalents of Dolmar) in the UK. Due to the weak Britsh Pound & no taxes between european countries you can get a very good deal on chainsaws there at the moment. And shipping costs are very low also. I paid 2/5 less for my Makita 5001(~Dolmar 5000) including shipping than I would have had to pay here in Austria(We have 20%Tax!).
http://www.lawson-his.co.uk/scripts/products.php?cat=Petrol%20Chainsaws%20Makita
or
http://www.toolchestdirect.com/petrol-products/petrol-chainsaws/

Tanks for the tipoff. I am not in a need of a saw right now. I have a Husqvarna 450e :). What more do you need :). (Plenty more I guess).

My next investment is going to be a grinder.
Checked the price on a grinder from Stihl at my local store today 1000USD:dizzy:.
Nice quality though.

Btw Norway is not a part of the EU. I do get 25% tax in any case :cry:.
Is Stihl equipment expensive in Austria compare to.... lets say.....Norway?

Tanks for the tipoff. I am not in a need of a saw right now. I have a Husqvarna 450e :). What more do you need :). (Plenty more I guess).

Checked the price on a grinder from Stihl at my local store today 1000USD:dizzy:.
Nice quality though.

Btw Norway is not a part of the EU. I do get 25% tax in any case :cry:.

I'm not sure about the prices of Norway but here in Austria a Stihl 211 goes for about 360€ ~ 530$, a 260(the same as a Husqvarna 346xp has the same price here) goes for 700€ ~ 1030$ and a 361 for about 900€ ~ 1320$. I have no idea if this is expensive for Norway but I wasn't willing to pay for a 260 so I went to the upper named sights to get the Dolmar/Makita equivilant to the 260.

Last edited:
Are there any incoming sales that anyone knows of? I am looking for a good 50cc saw... still. If I can save a hundred bucks of a 357/361/5100/2165, why not. Or are there some promos where i get a case, spare chains, whatever.

thanks
micky

There's a nice, practically new 361 on the trading post for $500.00.

If I could find a 361 with a 20" for around 550 I would buy it but there are no elite local dealers. It just crawls under my skin to pay full retail for anything.

Checked the price on a grinder from Stihl at my local store today 1000USD
Nice quality though.
Btw Norway is not a part of the EU. I do get 25% tax in any case

I'm not sure about the prices of Norway but here in Austria a Stihl 211 goes for about 360€ ~ 530$, a 260(the same as a Husqvarna 346xp has the same price here) goes for 700€ ~ 1030$ and a 361 for about 900€ ~ 1320$. I have no idea if this is expensive for Norway but I wasn't willing to pay for a 260 so I went to the upper named sights to get the Dolmar/Makita equivilant to the 260.

Wow:. Thats even more than we have to pay(1140US).

But then all you EU's get everything "free" or subsidized :dizzy::dizzy:.....so we hear, referring to your health care benefits, public transport. That VAT (not in the U.S. yet ) , your import duties even intra EU, and those wonderful taxes so that all the benefits are "free". :cheers:
Can't be too difficult to import ( smuggle ) a 361 or 346XP into Norge or Austria ? Carry-on luggage. :givebeer:

But then all you EU's get everything "free" or subsidized .....so we hear, referring to your health care benefits, public transport. That VAT (not in the U.S. yet ) , your import duties even intra EU, and those wonderful taxes so that all the benefits are "free".
Can't be too difficult to import ( smuggle ) a 361 or 346XP into Norge or Austria ? Carry-on luggage.

The problem with smuggling is if you get caught you are up shi§ creek. When you import regularly you pay import- sales- etc.- tax. So there still is quite a saving but when you add traveling cost forget it.
It is true that we enjoy our healthcare benefits. But our healthcare system in Austria is cheaper than in the US! And everybody is included the rich and the poor! No standing in line for morcels of wellfare! And I know because I work in this field and I have had quite a few astonisched US tourists arriving during my late night shifts where I can provide imidiate checkups and provide medication in realtime without extensive finacial backround check.
But I believe that that is another debate.

The problem nowerdays with importing out of the US is that airplane companies are more and more restrictive what you take along. I have heard of multiple examples where there was gas in the tank and your property will be excluded by the US authorities from further travel by aircraft and disposed of! So airplane companies exclude taking along of chainsaws or other powertools. That also excludes used products etc.

Latest posts

Back