"home made electric chainsaw"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WTF? maybe it is the angle but his arms look like they get a little close to a swinging running blade.

what is that crank all about, cant the motor spin the drivetrain over on start up? it would be far safer to hit the go trigger only while holding the saw and not just let it spin away.

Ah, YouTube! The forum of the people!

I agree about the obvious safety issues, but you have to think about how many things start out as home-built prototypes like this. I don't know if this guy is planning on bringing this to market, or is satisfied with it 'as-is', but it is similar to automatic cut-off saws used in a number of industries.

Add a guard for the blade, some rollers and a measured stop for the logs, and a foot pedal to pivot the saw, and a guy could buck a lot of firewood in no time.

No picking up and setting down the saw, no pulling on the starter, no measuring, etc. Of course if he doesn't get around to the guarding stuff, it will probably be a short career.

Philbert

WTF? maybe it is the angle but his arms look like they get a little close to a swinging running blade.

what is that crank all about, cant the motor spin the drivetrain over on start up? it would be far safer to hit the go trigger only while holding the saw and not just let it spin away.

I believe he has rigged the drive pulley to engage the chain pulley with the crank... With a v-belt?

The redneckery is strong in that one.

Man you sure wood need a long cord .Lets see he either got tired of collecting
action figures or the heat in his dads basement isnt so good or he had a
bunch of stuff laying around .I go for the action figures .That guy needs
to get a date .

Latest posts

Back