Homelite 1050 super paint

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boomer 87

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I just aquired a 1050 super its about 80% torn down now. I want to go ahead and bead blast and paint it. Whats close for homelite red? I was thinking international red maybe. Im doing the whole saw so its not crucial that it be perfect match

I just aquired a 1050 super its about 80% torn down now. I want to go ahead and bead blast and paint it. Whats close for homelite red? I was thinking international red maybe. Im doing the whole saw so its not crucial that it be perfect match
IH red is a closer match to Remington's red... It would probably not look right on a Homie.

Theres another color thats close called chevy victory red. May look into that. I dont want a shelf queen bc i plan on using it but it really needs tore completely down. I have to do crank bearings anyway

Boomer, just remember any rattlecan you choose probably won't be gas resistant. You will need a gas resistant clear over top.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Do they make such an animal in spray can? Im a mechanic not a body guy, ive sprayed paint from an actual gun like maybe 3 times lol

Do they make such an animal in spray can? Im a mechanic not a body guy, ive sprayed paint from an actual gun like maybe 3 times lol
Yes. 2K is supposed to be really good. It is what Leon used on some of his Homelite resto's. You can also get clear in rattlecans for top coating Engine enamel.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Theres another color thats close called chevy victory red. May look into that. I dont want a shelf queen bc i plan on using it but it really needs tore completely down. I have to do crank bearings anyway
Send parts to @glock37 and have them powdercoated... it will be much better quality and should last forever.

While were talking 1050 supers, are the clutches left or right hand threads?

Don't listen to that guy, there are plenty of paints in a rattle can that will stand up to gas. Even implement paint will stand up to it if its cured properly and long enough. Ever watch a guy spill gas filling his tractor and watch the paint peel off it? Me neither.

Back