Homelite 330 for sale?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had mine on CL a couple times for the same amount and not even a call.

I also listed it on Ebay and I can't remember what I started it at, but I think it was $25-30 with $20 shipping and not 1 bid on it.

So here is the deal, it runs fine but I won't run it because I don't trust it as the fuel lines are getting soft and in my mind that tells me the boot isnt far behind either.

If I spend $30-$40 dollars on it to line, boot and kit the carb, is that a wise investment?

I don't think so.

Agree Mark. You can get them for $40.00 or so on Ebay.

Bob

I have worked on several of them. They are a small pile of junk. They can run okay if you have extra intake boots and oil pumps, because they will go through them.

I bought new in 1981 for $240, replaced 1 boot and bars and chains and sproket and my saw still eats up trees
Held up through my teens as I was learning the art and it will go today if needed. by the way they do have vibration isolators.

Make sure the sintered filter for oil tank is clean.

Well I'm resposable for at least 3 of them you sold :givebeer:

Along with a 410 and 360 boot.

A couple of the 330 boots were for saws that were going to be kept and used. My dad loves the 2 that he has.

He did call the other day and said I need to fix one for him. It quit oiling. Go figure!

Kyle you got any of those oiler diaphragms?

Well, I got so tired of oiler not working that I completely tore saw apart this evening. ModifiedMark mentioned there was a separate impulse line for the pump so I figured I may as well check it. Sure enough it was kinked. I replaced it as well as the impulse line for the carb. To late to fire it up so I'll do it tomorrow. Crossing my fingers. Not an easy saw to work on!
Bob

Well, got saw to oil. Put in stihl bar oil which is orange but getting black oil out. Must have been some old oil in saw. May have to drain and clean oil tank. Additionally oil is coming out all over the place, esp. under clutch cover. Maybe old oil is too thick. Oh well, better too much than none.
Bob

Well, got saw to oil. Put in stihl bar oil which is orange but getting black oil out. Must have been some old oil in saw. May have to drain and clean oil tank. Additionally oil is coming out all over the place, esp. under clutch cover. Maybe old oil is too thick. Oh well, better too much than none.
Bob

Consider yourself lucky! I never seen one oil too much LOL.

Mostly they oil ok if everythings working and the stars are all in line.

Latest posts

Back